Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2827 (OOP 1950s shirt dress)

Reviewed by:meli88a

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Pets    Costumes

Sweater knit fabrics

Annette1 said... (3/11/08 6:28 PM) Reply
This is just perfect, and I have to say, my favorite part are those "stand-out flapped pockets at either hip." :o) Flattering in every way, from the style to the fabric to the beautifully executed details.
Nancy Anne said... (3/11/08 5:02 PM) Reply
I"ve sewn quite a few vintage patterns from the 40's and 50's, too, and it always cracks me up how different they look on me- probably because they have drawings instead of real models, and because I'm not that skinny! At any rate, your retro dress looks so cute it makes me smile! Wonderful job on it!
Athene said... (3/11/08 3:27 PM) Reply
This pattern is a keeper, I hope you can preserve it or trace a new one out from the old pattern pieces. I love the pockets, the buttons, the cut of the dress , the color - you look fabulous - it was made for you.
Kbenco said... (3/11/08 5:40 AM) Reply
How inspiring to see such a pretty dress from a disintegrating 1950's pattern envelope. You have done a wonderful job with this dress. (I think the woman in the collared version is holding her breath, you can tell from the expression on her face). I love your buttons
squirrellypoo said... (3/11/08 4:35 AM) Reply
This is beautiful, and well done for updating it to our new technologies... :) I love the pockets, too!
ladybegood said... (3/11/08 2:11 AM) Reply
So cute! I really like the buttons, and the pockets of course. Thanks for the review!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/11/08 0:38 AM) Reply
What a lovely fit on you, and like you, my very favorite part is the pockets (folded down, of course). The armscye gusset is wonderful, too. You know, I'm pretty certain that my mother wore this exact dress when I was child and I used to hang on the pocket flaps. Your dress was a nostalgic walk thru the past for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, make another one. You look adorable. -Lily
CA Eisenhour said... (3/10/08 11:45 PM) Reply
Melissa, Great job on the dress! I love the "Bat Like" pocket pic LOL! And those buttons....terrific add! You look absolutely adorable in your dress; great review.

Lazy Girl Designs Bendy Bag Paper Pattern