Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6945 (blouse)

Reviewed by:Kbenco

About Kbencostarstarstar
Member since: 11/8/06
Posted on:3/12/08 8:39 AM
Last Updated:3/12/08 8:43 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
AdaH said... (3/11/10 9:58 PM) Reply
So glad I read this before making the blouse. Will definitely pattern fit this before I sew, might even make a muslin.
Kbenco said... (3/14/08 4:20 AM) Reply
thank you for all the lovely comments. I think the thought of all the pintucks was why the blouse stayed on the weeping chair for so long - I definitely did not plan quite so many!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/14/08 1:34 AM) Reply
I love both of your blouses; you have definitely 'made it work' with this pattern. I almost fainted when I read that you placed over 50 pintucks! Wow! You're not only patient; you're accurate. Really lovely work here. -Lily
Sew4Fun said... (3/13/08 7:49 PM) Reply
Both tops look lovely and fit nicely. Well done on sticking with this pattern. Patterns with too much ease are a pain.
CreativeDiva said... (3/13/08 5:37 PM) Reply
Nice job! I'm glad I read your review before cutting it out. I will pay attention to the allowed ease.
Athene said... (3/13/08 3:12 AM) Reply
Your blouses look wonderful. Thank you for the very informative review - I have the pattern and will have to make sure and reread your review when I go to sew the pattern.
ColorMeHome said... (3/13/08 0:55 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. Your blouse still turned out beautiful!
Patti B said... (3/12/08 8:31 PM) Reply
Your blouses look super on you and I believe you must receive the prize for patience. I think I need a weeping chair -- sounds so much better than the closet!
Ronda Rae said... (3/12/08 5:46 PM) Reply
I have this pattern but haven't made it yet. I'm glad I read your review first! Both shirts look really nice and the fit is very good on them.
marpratt said... (3/12/08 5:03 PM) Reply
I envy your patience and wow, did it ever pay off. This looks like an extremely expensive designer blouse. It looks beautiful on you.
squirrellypoo said... (3/12/08 1:18 PM) Reply
Well done for making such a beautiful blouse out of such a huge starting point! I love all the pintucks and the pearl buttons - I think you ended up with a better blouse than New Look intended anyhow!
redhead said... (3/12/08 12:42 PM) Reply
This blouse looks beautiful on your figure. It's crisp and romantic at the same time. Love it.
Marji said... (3/12/08 12:36 PM) Reply
6" of wearing ease is ridiculous! In the photos anyway, your tops look wonderful, so all that you did to save them worked. Kudos to you.
Beek said... (3/12/08 11:09 AM) Reply
I think both of your blouses turned out beautifully. The details appear to have required much time, patience and skill. Nice work!
carolynw said... (3/12/08 9:11 AM) Reply
Bravo for sticking with it - twice to the weeping chair and it survived - great going. I love your blouse - I think you the fit perfected - no?
The Technique of Underlining Garments