Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4922 (Misses princess seamed shirts)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

savivaring said... (12/25/10 0:49 AM) Reply
Erica- I love your shirt. I appreciate your reviews, your details are great!
Joanne624 said... (12/17/09 9:02 AM) Reply
What professional work you do, Erica!! Beautiful!! You certainly are an inspiration!
Karen6790 said... (5/16/08 4:47 PM) Reply
Erica, this is perfect - I photographed a shirt in Paris last week on vacation and I'm looking for a good princess shirt pattern to tweak into something fabulous, and your fabulous shirt looks like it came from just the right pattern. Thanks for the great review and all the detail photos.
Athene said... (4/29/08 6:05 PM) Reply
An absolutely beautifully made shirt. As Lily said "it simply doesn't get any better than this". As always your review was such a pleasure to read.
Ms Dish said... (3/16/08 11:42 AM) Reply
Erica, I am buying that book...like now! Thanks so much for the review, its awesome!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/14/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Your shirt is so perfect; each moment of your meticulous construction is rewarded. I've gotten away from flat felled seams in recent years, and your attention to them reminds me how pristine this finish looks. Love your personalization in the collar stand. It simply doesn't get any better than this, and your superb photo showcases its perfection. -Lily
Karen8320 said... (3/14/08 7:43 AM) Reply
Erica, what a fabulous shirt! Everything about this is really classy. I really love your attention to detail which results in everything that you make looking really extra special. Fantastic!
Linda G said... (3/14/08 7:19 AM) Reply
Great job, you do wonderful work!! I love the personalization detail!!!
Leora said... (3/14/08 0:08 AM) Reply
Awesome fit! Thanks for the tips and detailed review.
Robin S said... (3/13/08 10:11 PM) Reply
What a beautiful shirt.
sideseams said... (3/13/08 8:17 PM) Reply
Erica, I have to agree with everyone. You are so good at writing a review. Makes me want to try this pattern. Your shirt is lovely and you look great in it.
marpratt said... (3/13/08 4:21 PM) Reply
Erica, I love your reviews and your wonderful creations. My goal is to learn to sew half as good as you. You always look so good in your clothing too.
Hilary said... (3/13/08 2:58 PM) Reply
What a beautiful shirt you've made-and saved a pretty penny on it, to boot! And your sewing on this is *immaculate*. Well done-thanks for such a thorough review!
papago said... (3/13/08 10:36 AM) Reply
Incredible attention to detail! Your review was so complete and detailed. I love reading about all your projects. I learn so much. You are truely an inspiration.
DorothyK said... (3/13/08 10:18 AM) Reply
Erica, this is a work of art. This shirt is truly extraordinary - and a perfect fit. Ordinarily I wouldn't consider a shirt like this for myself, but I'm inspired to try it. Thank you for an excellent, helpful review. I love all your reviews!
Elaray said... (3/13/08 7:29 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt. I love the details. It really adds value to the shirt. PS. Your photography is as good as your sewing!
ryan's mom said... (3/13/08 6:47 AM) Reply
Fab shirt! What a great idea for the personalization too :) .
MissCelie said... (3/13/08 0:52 AM) Reply
Beautifully done Erica. I would never buy another off the rack shirt if I had this as a prototype.
EnglishDaffodil said... (3/13/08 0:09 AM) Reply
Great style, beautifully done! Thanks for the detailed review.
hongkongshopper said... (3/12/08 11:10 PM) Reply
Great shirt Erica!
mastdenman said... (3/12/08 10:40 PM) Reply
I love the shirt. BTW the sleeve plackets from the Coffin book are fabulous. Just xerox a copy of it and use it as a template and pattern.
SandraB said... (3/12/08 7:19 PM) Reply
Very nice shirt. Great review.
Nancy Anne said... (3/12/08 5:38 PM) Reply
What a smart, classy shirt. Love your personalization. Thanks for a great review.
Lori V said... (3/12/08 4:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt and wonderful details.
Re Becca said... (3/12/08 3:52 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! I love that book, sometime I just sit down and read it like a novel. Here in Houston we have custom shirtmakers that charge $200, It is a status thing. Bravo on the french cuffs!
Carol Mendoza said... (3/12/08 1:50 PM) Reply
Wonderful job! It looks fantastic on you. Love the details of your review.
JaneH said... (3/12/08 1:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful job!!
squirrellypoo said... (3/12/08 1:14 PM) Reply
I love the flat felled seams idea! I would've never thought to do this on a fitting shirt...
Aixoise said... (3/12/08 12:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! Your sewing and fit are impeccable. Coffin's book is my guide when I make shirts, too. Paired with his video, it's a great instructional tool.
didda said... (3/12/08 12:54 PM) Reply
when i read the review for the pants, i wondered if you had made the shirt as well. very nice! i'm still trying to wrap my head around someone actually paying $180 for a shirt, maybe if it were made of silk or something, but that one is 100% cotton. if i had to pay that much for a shirt, i would probably be running around nekkid! (not really . . . that would not be a pretty sight. someone would clothe me, just to cover me up!)
CarolynGM said... (3/12/08 12:49 PM) Reply
What a beautifully constructed and fitted classic shirt.
yorkshire lass said... (3/12/08 12:27 PM) Reply
Thank you for a wonderfully helpful and detailed review. Love this shirt on you, very flattering.
christine A said... (3/12/08 12:08 PM) Reply
Erica, what a nice shirt. Thanks for the detailed review as always. It helps those of us in the novice stage. Do you recomend DC's book and this pattern for intermediate beginners? Does his book come with a cd?

by: sewing gen...

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

You Sew Girl Zip Away Shopping Bag Pattern