Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1025 (Misses Dress Anne Klein)

Reviewed by:BeeBeeSew

Last Updated:3/12/08 2:27 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Sweater knit fabrics

marthamyers said... (8/28/09 10:44 AM) Reply
As others have said, it is so very helpful to have a less-than-successful project posted. It does look like a great little dress, but you have made me wonder about this pattern, for sure. Thanks for the review!
Michsuzyque said... (8/7/09 10:22 AM) Reply
I too have this pattern and attempted to create. Still working on it (3 mos.) I am going to make it work. Good thing I bought extra fabric. I can truly sympathize with you. It looks like it would be so simple.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/14/08 12:45 PM) Reply
Well, the dress didn't fail for your lack of trying. I think you've attempted all potential "saves" and I share in your disappointment, as it sounds as if it might have been beautiful ... but for ... too many obstacles. I'll look forward to you next beautiful success. Thanks so much for sharing your experience and saving another. -Lily
ColorMeHome said... (3/13/08 1:05 AM) Reply
Thanks, you made me feel better because I had a total wadder today too! A top gone bad! Better luck next time!
Nancy Anne said... (3/12/08 5:11 PM) Reply
I feel your frustration! I had a very similar thing happen with what sounds like the same fabric from the exact same company, and it almost made me sick, after the amount of time and money I'd invested in the project. And, IMHO, Vogue patterns are the most confusing. Unless they say "Easy" somewhere on them, I usually choose another company.
nancy2001 said... (3/12/08 5:00 PM) Reply
Welcome to the wadder club. Last year I made a dress from a different Vogue designer pattern, and it was a disaster, too.
Annette1 said... (3/12/08 4:22 PM) Reply
Dang, HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS. I am glad to see a fellow failure-sharer, though, as I've shared plenty of my own. :o) On to the next project!
ladybegood said... (3/12/08 4:10 PM) Reply
Sorry about the wadder, but thanks for the review. I think that review of failures are more helpful than those of successes.
carolynw said... (3/12/08 3:27 PM) Reply
So sorry it didn't work and the material looks beautiful - any chance you could salvage it for something else. I like the look of the dress too but decided to pass it by as I felt it was a bit too young for me - guess in the end that was a good decision? Most of us have been where you are so really do understand - but chin up and see what another day brings!!
Mandolin82 said... (3/12/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Sorry you had a wadder. I wondered what was going on what all I could see was a grayish blob in the photo. Thanks for sharing your failure. Besides learning something, it makes me more forgiving of myself!

All About Linings