Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4549 (Summer blouses/tops)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:3/14/08 3:26 PM
Last Updated:3/14/08 3:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
AmyErinBobbysMom said... (5/20/08 2:02 PM) Reply
That looks great! Especially the fabric with jeans. I am going to have to try it. Thanks for the review. Donna
French.Seam said... (4/2/08 11:05 AM) Reply
I had same probs as you with an SBA adjustment leaving the armholes too tight (although I reduced below the armhole so have no idea what happened: maybe the pattern was simply too tight)
mylittleelephant said... (3/15/08 8:24 AM) Reply
Lovely lovely fabric, this pattern really make cute everyday tops for summer, thanks for the review.
sarahb said... (3/15/08 7:31 AM) Reply
It's looks great--I'm gonna get this pattern!
molander said... (3/14/08 9:10 PM) Reply
I am so jealous! You are the fastest sewist and reviewer and your things always look great!
Kbenco said... (3/14/08 6:57 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you. Your review is very helpful, I think this top looks as if it was designed for your figure. I made the cross over top last year from this pattern, and am planning to write a failure review on it as on me, it looks terrible. It is very pleasing to see it look really good on someone else.
EleanorSews said... (3/14/08 4:50 PM) Reply
So why isn't this pattern on my "list"??? You did a nice job of your alterations and I too like the way it is modest. It just fits like a dream.
cabinbaby said... (3/14/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Lily- I think I fixed it. ;) You are super fast at commenting!!! I must have been fixing it while you were typing.
SewLil said... (3/14/08 3:53 PM) Reply
Love this. I want this pattern now.
Beek said... (3/14/08 3:46 PM) Reply
Nice top, cabinbaby. I agree....I hate it when the armholes gape. Not with this blouse! It fits you snug and I adore that fabirc. It reminds me of a Kaffe Fassett print I saw in London!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/14/08 3:46 PM) Reply
I've loved this fabric from the first time you used it, and this style is absolutely perfect for your small, compact body. Your first thumbnail photo doesn't enlarge, so when you have a moment, you should fix the links so others can enjoy this beautiful top. Lovely, Lily

Fehr Trade 106