Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2713 (Men's pants)

Reviewed by:Tessa

About Tessastar
Posted on:5/22/03 1:43 PM
Last Updated:6/30/03 4:36 PM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Pants

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

pdsoncall said... (1/5/04 7:28 PM) Reply
I appreciated this review because it prepared me for the task! I'm almost finished, and they are looking great! Very sporty item. My husband really likes them. I've always taken chances in sewing, and I used a light-weight corduroy in olive green. I made a vest to go with them. He's very anxious for me to finish the outfit. I have to go now and do the zipper. Thanks for the tips, it really helped to see that someone already made them and the pic was wonderful!
Sammie said... (6/30/03 6:02 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your great review - just bought this pattern for my 24 year old son and will make sure I check the back crotch curve on a pair of his pants to see if I should make it longer on the pattern. Thanks again for the great review!
Georgene said... (5/23/03 2:06 AM) Reply
Thank you for the informative review. I liked the german word for pants: a very nice pair of "hose". Wish I could see the final results, lucky DH to have you to attempt these.
Pam Z said... (5/22/03 6:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for your excellent review, Tessa. Congratulations on your successful alterations.
GorgeousFabrics said... (5/22/03 4:33 PM) Reply
Excellent review, thank you! This pattern is in my queue to make for DH, and this is a big help. -Ann
els said... (5/22/03 4:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review I showed the patternphoto to my son and he wants a pair of pants both the long and short version.
Tessa said... (5/22/03 3:39 PM) Reply
Thanks! I really took my time on this one, measuring and double-checking, and basting the side seams. I figured if I could get the fit right, I would have a pattern to use over and over. I'm just pleased the "muslin" worked so well!
AnneM said... (5/22/03 2:58 PM) Reply
What an excellent review. Very thorough and helpful. I like the style, although I'm not ready to try this just yet. DH2B will just have to buy his pants for now.
Elona said... (5/22/03 2:07 PM) Reply
Yessss! Another demonstration of the (generally) excellent design of Burda's crotch curve! But you were wise to measure the crotch length, Tessa. It is so important to do the flat pattern measurements each time you try out a new pattern, because the fit is not absolutely predictable, even with a good pattern company. Burda's instructions tend to be pretty brief. I think they assume their users have a lot of sewing instruction (though the Burda "Start" patterns tend to be a little more instructional in nature). And about the placement of the measurement charts: Burda has always done this, and although I'm a Burda fan, it drives me nuts! But you sort of get used to it, and when you open up the patterns, you just think, "Gee, I wonder where it is this time?"

by: atomicgirl