Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3775 (Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

Posted on:3/17/08 2:08 PM
Last Updated:2/12/09 8:36 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
carolynw said... (2/13/09 9:11 AM) Reply
Beautiful - shoes look like they were made to match
cindyann said... (2/12/09 5:43 PM) Reply
Oh I love the piped treatment! I've made this really cute dress but would never have thought to pipe the seams like that. Clever.
Christas said... (2/12/09 5:15 PM) Reply
So cute! I have made this pattern. Your version turned out so much cuter than mine!
Meggie LuLu said... (2/12/09 4:27 PM) Reply
CUTE!! CUTE!! Both versions are LOVELY!! I absolutely LOVE the plaid version!!
Sic said... (2/12/09 11:46 AM) Reply
Very cute version! I love the piping!
Kellie R. said... (2/12/09 9:58 AM) Reply
Very cute!
crazygrad said... (3/21/08 7:16 PM) Reply
Love that fabric! Great dress!
AnneM said... (3/20/08 10:17 AM) Reply
I'm in a serious sewing slump as well. I have the Butterick version of this style, which I think is great. Maybe this would work for me? ! Great outfit, love the dress on you.
Sew4Fun said... (3/18/08 6:13 PM) Reply
Love the dress! The style and fabric choice is particularly flattering on you. I like how you approached the ruching. Much more logical than the instructions.
Heatherrique said... (3/18/08 2:02 PM) Reply
Definitely a very flattering and attractive dress to welcome the spring! You convinced me to get this pattern!
pterion said... (3/18/08 11:18 AM) Reply
Adorable dress. Those colors are wonderful on you!
cecelia said... (3/18/08 10:10 AM) Reply
This turned out so nicely and really flatters you, both the style and color.
Karen6790 said... (3/18/08 0:19 AM) Reply
This looks much better on you than the catalog photos - I wouldn't have given it a second look either. Great dress, great capelet and I'm not even going to comment on the shoes.
nicegirl said... (3/17/08 8:44 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Aren't the shoes insane? I got them on eBay last year and *cough* have never worn them. *shame* Obvs, if you've looked at my project photos you know I have a shoe problem. Now I will definitely wear these shoes.
Birgitte said... (3/17/08 8:30 PM) Reply
I can't believe you whipped this up in 3 hours- it's super cute and such a great fit! Congrats on this dress and also on getting back to "work" :-)
JulieP said... (3/17/08 7:40 PM) Reply
Another great dress and review. Thanks for all the tips. I am planning to try this pattern soon.
cindy-lou said... (3/17/08 6:14 PM) Reply
Ooooh, I love it for Spring! don't you love a great knit dress??? Great way to splash out of a slump!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/17/08 6:06 PM) Reply
Absolutely charming dress made from stunning fabric. I should address the fit but can't get past your great shoes, your beautiful neckline and lovely, feminine capelet. You look just wonderful, from head to toe. -Lily
Meggie LuLu said... (3/17/08 6:05 PM) Reply
Cute dress!!! I LOVE your fabric choices!!!!
Lori V said... (3/17/08 4:34 PM) Reply
Pretty dress and I like the color on you.
MelC said... (3/17/08 4:18 PM) Reply
Great job on your dress! How did you ever come up with shoes that are so similar to the dress? I have this pattern too but have never made it up. I appreciate all the helps in your review. I'm sure I'll be referring to it when I attempt this pattern.
LindsayT said... (3/17/08 3:39 PM) Reply
Very flattering dress on you. I'm going to give this pattern a second look. And I love your creativity with your thumbnail photo!
EveS said... (3/17/08 3:03 PM) Reply
Ooh, you're making me want spring, too!! Great version of a great pattern! And I just did an Ottobre binding like this and agree...it's much better looking yet easy to do. I'll be using the technique much more.
Marji said... (3/17/08 2:37 PM) Reply
I love that midriff too - who knew that all that fabric around the waist would create the illusion of more waist definition than is there? Love your print and fabric.
CreativeDiva said... (3/17/08 2:22 PM) Reply
Nice dress. The colour looks good on you. I, too have been thinking of making this pattern using a cheetah print. I will try your way of applying the bind and making the waist insert. I definitely sounds like it would reduce the bulk.
moushka said... (3/17/08 2:20 PM) Reply
Great dress and absolutely fabulous colours on you. Those clear, bright colours really set off your beautiful eyes and hair. Sue

More Knits