Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2007-106 (blouse)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:3/17/08 5:38 PM
Last Updated:3/17/08 5:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Mahler said... (4/16/08 1:08 PM) Reply
This blouse is magnificient. So stlylish. Your confection is perfect. I love your blouse !
Mahogany Stylist said... (3/22/08 9:04 PM) Reply
I love the designing on this blouse. Thank you for the outstanding tutorial of the origami technique.
Nancywin said... (3/20/08 10:32 AM) Reply
This looks fabulous Sigrid. I love your tutorial. I'll have to try it and see if I can figure out how to do the subsequent squares.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/18/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Incredible blouse - you're a blouse queen Sigrid!
patrica said... (3/18/08 7:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse love the oragimi, great tutorial. Thanks
lilyofthevalley said... (3/18/08 5:51 PM) Reply
Sigrid, your blouse is a Masterpiece! The origami is the star of the show, but your excellent fit cannot be overlooked. When I showed your origami blouse to my DH, he said, "That's beautiful; can you make one?" My answer, "I don't really think I can, but I could try." Thank you so much for the origami tutorial. Your artistry is unmatched. -Lily
SewVeryTall said... (3/18/08 3:33 PM) Reply
Sigrid, I just love this blouse...the princess seam shaping is so crisp, and the unique origami really makes the front special...beautiful!
Heatherrique said... (3/18/08 1:59 PM) Reply
Absolutely a beautiful blouse!
Sigrid. said... (3/18/08 1:27 PM) Reply
ReBecca: of course I don't mind if you copy this, I was inspired by rtw, if you're inspired by my review, that's fun. And to those wondering how to continue on the origami: measure 2 cm (half the width of the basic width you take, and then start measuring again for the next one. My advice: try it on a piece of paper, that's how I started.
meli88a said... (3/18/08 11:45 AM) Reply
this is a beautiful shirt. thank you for sharing the secret of your origami technique!
Meggie LuLu said... (3/18/08 11:20 AM) Reply
That is SOOO beautiful!!! I love the origami detail on the front!!! It looks very time consuming!!!
Seaspur said... (3/18/08 10:49 AM) Reply
Truly unique and beautiful!
Karine said... (3/18/08 9:50 AM) Reply
Not only creative, but a beautiful result with excellent workwomanship!
Sewing Geek said... (3/18/08 8:20 AM) Reply
What a beautiful white shirt! The origami technique is stunning!
Ronda Rae said... (3/18/08 8:00 AM) Reply
Great Blouse, Great Fit, Great details! I have got to get me one of these! lol
Becky Coleman said... (3/18/08 7:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse with outstanding detail; I bet you receive many compliments.
AuntieShel said... (3/18/08 7:30 AM) Reply
Wow--I saw that unbelievably intricate folding on the placket and then saw "easy to sew" on the rating and something didn't compute. I realized you added the origami yourself and the actual shirt without it was "easy." This is so fabulous, I can't begin to tell you. Great job!
BillieJean said... (3/18/08 7:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, but I'm like Membear - I can't figure out how the second diamond is formed.
Sew4Fun said... (3/18/08 4:13 AM) Reply
Sigrid, beauitful blouse!! This pattern gave me nothing but grief in terms of the fit. It didn't fit as nicely and seems smaller than other Burda patterns. I'm glad you made it work. :)
Christina Sonja said... (3/18/08 1:19 AM) Reply
I really like how you personalized this blouse. Looks very expensive!
CatMukai said... (3/18/08 1:06 AM) Reply
I love the origami!! The blouse looks lovely and crisp!
Membear said... (3/17/08 11:28 PM) Reply
Ingrid its lovely . I am wondering though what happens after your first origami square . . In the photo I can see that the folis pulled down but I cant see how the next one is formed. I am probably very stupid!!!!
LindsayT said... (3/17/08 9:04 PM) Reply
Truly outstanding; you should be very proud of yourself.
Birgitte said... (3/17/08 8:03 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Just beautiful.
Annette1 said... (3/17/08 7:16 PM) Reply
This is truly exquisite, Sigrid. I'm bookmarking your origami tutorial. Just PERFECT in every way.
Re Becca said... (3/17/08 7:00 PM) Reply
stunning! I hope you don't mind if I copy that on my next project! That blouse fit you very well and looks fabulous.
Kbenco said... (3/17/08 6:45 PM) Reply
The origami makes this blouse amazing and outstanding. The fit looks fine, but as the eye is drawn to your fabulous placket, any little fit issues would not be very noticeable!
Leora said... (3/17/08 6:22 PM) Reply
This origami technique is amazing. Wow!

by: idaaida