Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 03-2007-16 (Recycled dress)

Reviewed by:mowse

About mowsestar
AL
Member since: 7/29/07
Posted on:3/18/08 12:28 PM

mowse said... (3/25/08 3:30 PM) Reply
tanya: thank you for the comment. It's good to hear the other things people have tweaked with this. I made it a third time and it went a bit better. I will try time #4 with your suggestion.
TanyaMT said... (3/22/08 9:08 PM) Reply
I wish others would weigh in also honestly but when I made this I finally determined (maybe wrong) that the pattern instructions have you insert the invisible zip in the bodice between the two layers (lining and outer) with edges neatly tucked away and in the UNDERSKIRT part of the bottom. You have extra in the overskirt because supposedly you are supposed to fold over the edges of that x2 to hem. You kind of reach through the overskirt part to access the bottom of the zip. Now, I goofed and have the zipper in the overskirt in the one I made but I think that is what you are encountering above with the extra you mention in the overskirt. The instructions in this pattern leave a bit to be desired - I struggled too with them.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/19/08 11:37 AM) Reply
Despite the pain of inexplicable instructions, your little dress is the best! You make the most ethereal childrens' clothes; I love them all. Lovely, Lily
pterion said... (3/18/08 12:38 PM) Reply
I appreciate the warning against this pattern. One would never know from the photo that you struggled with it - the dress looks absolutely adorable. Your DD is such a cutie too!
Meggie LuLu said... (3/18/08 12:32 PM) Reply
That is soooo CUTE!!!! I love your fabric choices!!!!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-107

by: Levone

Papercut Patterns 1004

by: JessieBear

Fit For Art Trouser Details for Eureka Pants

Fit For Art Trouser Details for Eureka Pants

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)