Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4082 (Misses jackets)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:3/19/08 4:19 AM
Last Updated:3/19/08 4:19 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
SewSewSew said... (3/25/08 4:13 AM) Reply
These are great looking jackets and the style is perfect for you - I love the fabric too!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/20/08 11:02 AM) Reply
I always love the stories that make up your reviews; it's like being in the sewing room with you. Your sheath and jacket are truly beautiful, and linen that doesn't wrinkle much! Heavenly. -Lily
yorkshire lass said... (3/20/08 9:40 AM) Reply
Love your jacket, and love your review. I too feel that way about the fabric buying. I think you can now say that you have got your money back in spades from your original fabric purchase so, although it hasn't been used, it has paid its own way, and therefore earned its right to a cosy holiday in your stash cupboard. So it isn't stash any more, it is holidaying fabric. Which means that I have two huge crates of holidaying fabric... the equivalent of a package tour to Spain by now I would think.
ryan's mom said... (3/20/08 7:37 AM) Reply
Terrific! I agree--Yvonne's reviews are why I bought the pattern :) .
ITAdmin said... (3/20/08 6:39 AM) Reply
I really like this dress and jacket together, frantic. Very neat and polished outfit.
mylittleelephant said... (3/19/08 7:06 PM) Reply
Oh this is BEAUTIFUL! perfect cut, perfect fit, perfect colour..........I enjoyed reading your review and am jealous of you having such a beautiful fabric with such a price!
Morisot said... (3/19/08 6:31 PM) Reply
Very nice!
Annette1 said... (3/19/08 6:22 PM) Reply
Well, just call me ENABLER, because hereby banish ALL GUILT relating to this beautiful linen. Not only that, I wouldn't have felt guilty in the first place, at only $1 a yard, and LOOK at it. Your jacket is beautiful, and you'll get lots of enjoyment out of wearing it, I'm sure. :o)
hongkongshopper said... (3/19/08 6:04 PM) Reply
I can totally relate to your first paragraph. It is so much fun to fabric shop and dream about the things we could make. But the payment is guilt or years chained to the sewing machine. I think you have paid your penance and you can consider the linen "done". Now to the outfit - very nice indeed. You have really put that linen to good work.
Grammy Gin said... (3/19/08 3:20 PM) Reply
Very lovely jacket to match your sheath! You look so fashionable ;o)
CreativeDiva said... (3/19/08 2:36 PM) Reply
I'm going to give this pattern a second look. It looks wonderful on you.
gatorgirl4325 said... (3/19/08 11:55 AM) Reply
Great jacket to go with your dress. I do like that linen and *I* say you have really gotten your money's worth out of that fabric! : )
michellep74 said... (3/19/08 11:47 AM) Reply
You're right--I never would've given this pattern a second look, but after seeing your version, I have a feeling that it would be a great match for one of the fabrics in my stash. Love your jacket!

by: SteffieMar...