Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2008-114 (Pencil Skirt)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:3/20/08 0:04 AM
Last Updated:3/20/08 0:22 AM
Squeezylemon said... (3/21/08 4:31 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt on you! Think I may try it in a double knit black jersey for work as my muslin, I've a feeling it's one we all could wear and wear (if not walk in.....!)
EveS said... (3/21/08 10:42 AM) Reply
Great skirt!! I have the pink version of this fabric...I just love it (esp. for a Joann's clearance find)! DH, birthday shopping couldn't get easier! ;)
Kris O said... (3/21/08 6:18 AM) Reply
Wonderful skirt. Mr. Cabinbaby: get her the subscription!
pelli78500 said... (3/21/08 0:20 AM) Reply
This is my first WOF magazine, also, and I have been looking for a review of these patterns specifically...they are all so adorable! I haven't sewn a Burda pattern yet, tho...and I'm anxious to try one from this magazine. I hope your husband gets your hint (it's money well spent!!!)
lilyofthevalley said... (3/20/08 11:48 PM) Reply
Very beautiful skirt, Dawn, and the fabric is perfect. I love the pleats which visually make your lower body very shapely, indeed. Fine idea to add a kick pleat if you plan to chase the kids upstairs. Hope DH gets that HINT to provide the perfect BWOF birthday present. -Lily
Elemenopeo said... (3/20/08 7:04 PM) Reply
Wonderful on you.
Tiner W said... (3/20/08 4:03 PM) Reply
Georgeous skirt!
Vivienne said... (3/20/08 3:12 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt and wow, what a fantastic fabric choice!
Peggy L said... (3/20/08 12:22 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt! My DDIL just asked me to make her a skirt so I'll have to show her this one. Sounds like the kick pleat is a must.
mylittleelephant said... (3/20/08 11:58 AM) Reply
Very good "conclusion"! I am also a BWOF fan, this is the good way to let my partner know that! Nice review, thanks!
Christina Sonja said... (3/20/08 11:55 AM) Reply
That is a great plaid! And a great skirt. I'm off to check out that kick-pleat tutorial.
morzel said... (3/20/08 11:21 AM) Reply
Very flattering! Wonderful skirt.
LindsayT said... (3/20/08 10:55 AM) Reply
Super-cute skirt! I'll check your blog soon.
Athene said... (3/20/08 2:52 AM) Reply
An absolutely lovely look on you and the walking pleat is so nice to have. Thanks for the informative review - I always get good ideas from your reviews for sewing for my DD.
Karen6790 said... (3/20/08 0:15 AM) Reply
I haven't tried this one, but I know BWOF can make some seriously un-walkable pencil skirts. Thanks for the warning on this one. It's really cute - your fabric actually lets the details be visible, imagine that!
Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2013-126

by: Julietta82

Simplicity 2068

by: MuseumMave...

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Hawaiian Aloha Shirt