Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6515 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:3/23/08 0:56 AM
Last Updated:3/23/08 10:34 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
lilyofthevalley said... (3/24/08 5:52 PM) Reply
Excellent review, Nancy, that showcases many unique and invaluable techniques. Your top fits perfectly and looks wonderful on you; the fabric is quite stunning. Lovely, Lily
OP Gal said... (3/24/08 8:23 AM) Reply
Pretty top, and you look lovely in it.
Danvillegirl said... (3/24/08 7:02 AM) Reply
Nice top, love the fabric!
CynthiaSue said... (3/24/08 0:53 AM) Reply
oooh, I like your rayon print better than mine! This is sleek and stylish.
HeyJane said... (3/23/08 8:58 PM) Reply
Very flattering fit, and a beautiful fabric, too. I started to read some articles on the hand-picked zipper method, it sounds like it provides ultimate control in the placement of the zipper. Thanks for very informative review.
nellc said... (3/23/08 6:58 PM) Reply
This is a very pretty top, the fabric is lovely, thanks for the tip on making a baby hem.
mahalosu said... (3/23/08 6:30 PM) Reply
Nancy, I am very close to sewing a hand picked zipper with the silk that I picked up on the PR weekend. I am so heartened to hear yours worked well. Your top looks great!
Annette1 said... (3/23/08 3:48 PM) Reply
How PRETTY. I can see why you were drawn to this fabric. I love examining all your pictures, and I'm bookmarking this one for your tutorials on baby hems and hand-picked zippers. I've done the zippers before, but would have never thought of yours and Sherry's. Great review and great top!
Birgitte said... (3/23/08 3:26 PM) Reply
Love your top. And congratulations on being the first to use the LA fabric (I think). Yes, it certainly looks like you nailed the fit- congrats on that too!! It was lovely chatting with you, hope to see you in the near future.
mahalosu said... (3/23/08 1:57 PM) Reply
nancy2001 said... (3/23/08 1:23 PM) Reply
Great style and great fit. If you lengthened the hem, it would make the perfect summer dress for you.
Heatherrique said... (3/23/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Your top is more enticing than NL's! Very nice job, Nancy!
Sherril Miller said... (3/23/08 11:37 AM) Reply
Sewn up your LA fabric already? You are amazing when it comes to getting projects done. It's a cute top and too bad your hand picked zipper wasn't necessary. Luckily it's probably easier to pick out if you choose to eliminate it.
Em's Summer said... (3/23/08 11:02 AM) Reply
Cute top and so many great tips in your review.
2vintageneedle said... (3/23/08 11:01 AM) Reply
This is the perfect spring starter top, love the fabric, great job
Karen8320 said... (3/23/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Nice work Nancy. It's a flattering style on you and the fit looks perfect. Gorgeous fabric as well!
mylittleelephant said... (3/23/08 7:59 AM) Reply
Love love love the fabric, great fit too - looks great on you.
mssewcrazy said... (3/23/08 7:33 AM) Reply
I had not even noticed this view. I got this for my daughter a while back for the sleeved version(never did it). I love your top - it is awesome.
MissCelie said... (3/23/08 6:50 AM) Reply
You win the award for fastest use of WCPR fabric! Cute top!
Athene said... (3/23/08 3:26 AM) Reply
What a lovely look - the fit is beautiful.
Karen2931 said... (3/23/08 3:03 AM) Reply
You made a lovely top. I'm adding this pattern to my shopping list for my summer wardrobe
gotpeace91 said... (3/23/08 1:29 AM) Reply
Wow! You did a good job on getting the fit just right! Looks great on you!
julie w said... (3/23/08 1:14 AM) Reply
Your top looks great in this print. I too have this pattern and didn't need the zip. Like you I see more to come.

by: LM2HYD