Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6781 (Misses Blouse)

Reviewed by:malrene

About malrenestar
BC CANADA
Member since: 7/6/07
Posted on:3/23/08 10:10 PM
Last Updated:3/24/08 10:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
agapants said... (8/25/14 11:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I'm planning to make this blouse & wanted to make it without buttons below the yoke. I definitely will now after seeing how great yours looks.
sewerv said... (10/28/09 11:11 PM) Reply
Inspires ideas. Thanks.
graustark said... (9/28/08 1:25 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review ... I am about to embark on a variation of this pattern myself. I can only hope that mine comes out half so well!
swong78 said... (8/12/08 8:34 PM) Reply
Thanks. I thought that there maybe more modifications to the front to accomodate for the seam allowance:) Thanks!
malrene said... (8/12/08 11:57 AM) Reply
Hi Swong78 - modifing the pattern was very easy. I cut the front on the fold and inset the front gusset. Once you get the pattern you'll be able to see how it's done
swong78 said... (8/8/08 10:45 AM) Reply
That looks really good:) I am going to get the pattern now since looking at your creation. One question though, I am new at sewing and was wondering how you modified the pattern for the front so that you omitted the buttons from the yoke down?
Hilary said... (5/12/08 8:27 AM) Reply
I really like both your blouses-even the muslin turned out beautifully!
cecelia said... (3/29/08 5:36 PM) Reply
All I can say is "Wow"--you made a very beautiful blouse--nice job. Even the muslin is terrific.
VictoriaR said... (3/25/08 6:59 PM) Reply
Wow! Your blouse is fantastic! Great work!
Sigrid. said... (3/25/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Cute blouse
Marji said... (3/25/08 3:46 PM) Reply
Very pretty, and your heirloom stitching is wonderful.
nancy2001 said... (3/25/08 12:52 PM) Reply
Your blouse is very beautiful.
meli88a said... (3/25/08 9:42 AM) Reply
thanks for reposting with the extra pictures. The stitching and details are so perfect.
washer_woman said... (3/25/08 9:15 AM) Reply
What a pretty blouse! You've done a beautiful job!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/25/08 1:59 AM) Reply
Thank for adding extra photos so I can enjoy your beautiful heirloom work. Your blouse is simply exquisite; every detail is accounted for and adapted to suit your personal design sense. It could not be more perfect. -Lily
Nancywin said... (3/25/08 1:25 AM) Reply
This turned out beautifully. I love all the heirloom stitching
meli88a said... (3/24/08 2:01 PM) Reply
this is a very pretty blouse. i wish that it were possible to get a closer look at the heirloom stitches and lace!
michellep74 said... (3/24/08 11:57 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse! I really don't need any more patterns, but now I want this one.
MissCelie said... (3/24/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
Sherril Miller said... (3/24/08 11:04 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this blouse. It turned out beautifully. I love the heirloom look you added to it. I just bought this pattern and had planned on eliminating the buttons from the under yoke down too and now I know it will look nice that way too. P.S. I'd love to see a closeup of your heirloom stitches.
Stitchcakes said... (3/24/08 10:01 AM) Reply
Love the sleeves. This is a good one to play with all those heirloom stitches on the machine. Thanks for the idea!
Riordan said... (3/24/08 9:29 AM) Reply
How pretty!! Delicate and lovely with those exquisite lace inserts!!
AuntieShel said... (3/24/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and the fit is fabulous--there is absolutely nothing about it that hints at maternity. Your machine french handsewing is beautiful. I tried this a number of years ago and have been thinking about doing it again on a white linen blouse. You have totally inspired me. Thank you for your review and enjoy wearing your blouse and the compliments you will receive.
mylittleelephant said... (3/24/08 8:53 AM) Reply
Love the cuff details,, very well done.
Sic said... (3/24/08 8:34 AM) Reply
Lovely! Thank you for the review!
AnneMarie60 said... (3/24/08 7:53 AM) Reply
Even your thumbnail pic on the "Review Gallery" page caught my eye. This top has great styling. I loved your muslin, but I am truly inspired by your lace-inset version. Wonderful job!
Danvillegirl said... (3/24/08 7:06 AM) Reply
Very pretty top. Love the heirloom look. Flattering fit!
CarolynGM said... (3/24/08 6:03 AM) Reply
Your heirloom details reallly make this already cute top a standout.
Athene said... (3/24/08 1:28 AM) Reply
This blouse is a keeper. It looks lovely. The fit is great and it is a good pattern for trying heirloom techniques - I think I may have to buy this pattern this year.
Gelbean said... (3/24/08 0:57 AM) Reply
Your blouse is far better looking than the one on the pattern. Great job!
Schnauzer said... (3/24/08 0:36 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous blouse! I love those puffy sleeves.
Tiner W said... (3/23/08 11:46 PM) Reply
So pretty! I love the lace insets!
Em's Summer said... (3/23/08 11:29 PM) Reply
What a cute blouse!
Markie1 said... (3/23/08 10:22 PM) Reply
I love this. For some reason the Burda blouse like it (Feb 07) does not fit me well, so I am going to make this one now. Thanks so much for your review, I can see from the thumbnail and the good muslin picture that is is really cute. For some reason I cannot enlarge the thumbnail. But really cute!
Kbenco said... (3/23/08 10:14 PM) Reply
The blouse you made is so pretty. I am tempted by this pattern. Thank you for your review.

Studio Tantrum Encinitas: