Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2561 (Men's t-shirts)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:3/25/08 0:11 AM
Last Updated:3/25/08 0:11 AM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Mens

anetJay said... (3/27/08 6:52 AM) Reply
i love the camo fabric . the double stitch that you did on the neck and the hem is so professional looking !! i love that. your family is lucky indeed !!
ryan's mom said... (3/26/08 7:02 PM) Reply
Just love it! Looks like its a great pattern.
mary in FL said... (3/25/08 7:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. You're quite a prolific sewist!
cabinbaby said... (3/25/08 6:27 PM) Reply
Lily, I didn't do anything to thie links. Maybe the company that hosts my pictures was down? The triple coverstitch stretches really well. It is definitely the fabric. I had a hard time putting the cuffs on the arms because there was not much stretch.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/25/08 3:38 PM) Reply
Dawn, thanks for fixing the photos; these are great looking pullovers and I can see why you've made multiples for your husband. These would quickly become a reliable staple, and they fit your husband very well. Do you think it was the triple coverstitch that bound the neckline too tightly and did not allow sufficient stretch to go over his head? BTW, I really like your camo fabric; it's kind of an upscale Nature friendly forest print; very nice. Handsome shirts! -Lily
Debbie Cook said... (3/25/08 3:15 PM) Reply
This is one of my favorite patterns for my guys. I've made it lots and lots. Yours look wonderful. My younger DS would love that cammo fabric when he goes paintballing. As for the hole in the blue shirt ... where is it? How about sewing a label over it to make it look intentional? Look at my last review for this pattern, the "Bucs Shirt" to see what I mean. There wasn't a hole on mine, but there could've been. ;-)
lilyofthevalley said... (3/25/08 2:08 AM) Reply
Dawn, your photo links are not working for me. If you have a moment, will you check into this, as I'd love to see your shirts. -Lily

You Sew Girl SEWING CLASS 1 - Shopping Bag Pattern