Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1013 (DKNY top)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

About CarolynGMstarstarstarstar
AR USA
Member since: 3/9/03
Posted on:3/26/08 3:39 PM
Last Updated:3/26/08 3:39 PM

Modiste Madness said... (3/30/08 10:05 AM) Reply
I think 100 is great regardless of how long it takes, besides 5 years is certainly reasonable. I like your blouse. JJill has a tshirt similar to this and it has the ruffle construction you are talking about. I really liked that. Thanks for sharing that information. I was going to make my own. You do such nice work. I really like this on you.
cecelia said... (3/29/08 5:45 PM) Reply
Congrats on your 100th!! You do very nice work. I like the top, especially with the tie.
CarolynGM said... (3/27/08 4:56 PM) Reply
Lily -- many of the garments in my first 100 reviews have been retired from my wardrobe, but I bet I still have half of them. Sometimes I see one of my old reviews pop up in the rotisserie and I realize that the pictured garment has long since gone to the Salvation Army.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/27/08 1:42 PM) Reply
Carolyn, your top (despite the woes) is absolutely terrific. The fabric's color and texture are so well suited to your colored and the style is wonderful on your slim frame. Though the sleeves were a bear, they are the star of the show. So impressed with 100 reviews! Do you still have all 100 items in your closet? Lovely top, Lily
carolynw said... (3/27/08 9:32 AM) Reply
First off congrats on your 100th review!! The top looks just perfect on you - I can well imagine how difficult a double bias binding would be in a heavier fabric - "you done well"
parisf said... (3/27/08 9:19 AM) Reply
It is really pretty and only you see the problems
AuntieShel said... (3/27/08 8:07 AM) Reply
Well, your top is absolutely gorgeous and looks fabulous on you. I'm sorry it gave you so much trouble, but what a wonderful outcome. Tearing your hair and swearing? Hm, glad I'm not the only one. I have noticed also that patterns never seem to make the bias binding wide enough to do the job. I don't know who tests this before the pattern is put in production, but I always make it wider than they say and have never looked back. Congratulations on your 100th review. That's a milestone!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/26/08 10:56 PM) Reply
I love your top - it's so classy! It looks great with or without the belt. Sorry it had you tearing your hair out and swearing (that gave me a chuckle!). Congrats on your 100th review!
sew2little said... (3/26/08 9:37 PM) Reply
And I always look forward to your reviews--thanks!
Leora said... (3/26/08 9:21 PM) Reply
Congrats on your 100th review!! Perhaps you can unpick the neckline and resew it single (to avoid worrying about disintegrating) but then I suppose you are *done* with it, huh? I love this color on you and the top is so pretty!
Lori V said... (3/26/08 9:09 PM) Reply
This is very cute and I really like it with the belt. Congrats on the 100th review.
Riordan said... (3/26/08 8:40 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse, and the color is wonderful on you!! Congratulations on 100 great reviews!
Annette1 said... (3/26/08 8:25 PM) Reply
You cussing? No, I don't believe it. You look way too sweet for that. :o) Any disparaging remarks toward this top should now be retracted, as it's turned out beautifully in the end. :o)
Elemenopeo said... (3/26/08 5:22 PM) Reply
Great 100th review. Nice top.
LindsayT said... (3/26/08 4:15 PM) Reply
Nice to have this review, as I've been eying this pattern. It looks fab on you, BTW.
Twinset said... (3/26/08 4:03 PM) Reply
Great looking top, very cute with the belt! This color is beautiful on you!

Christine Jonson Cuff Pant