Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2003-129 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Squeezylemon

About Squeezylemonstar
Member since: 1/15/07
Posted on:3/26/08 6:53 PM
Last Updated:3/26/08 6:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Squeezylemon said... (3/28/08 5:42 AM) Reply
Apologies wvsher, I found when I tried to photograph the whole jacket I had to step back too far and then it didn't turn out again the door. I'm going to have to rope my sister into being photographer one of these days and do a photo session - one of the drawbacks of living solo!!!! And Thomas the tabbycat says thanks for your praise, he's a handsome boy and never tires of compliments (like most of us I suppose!)
wvsher said... (3/27/08 2:54 PM) Reply
I scrolled through your pics to see if I could find a pic of the entire jacket. No luck there, but your cat is gorgeous. :D (It looks like a nice jacket, too.)
lilyofthevalley said... (3/27/08 2:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket in your lovely grape Wool melton, and the convertible collar is so versatile for many varying weather conditions. You've sewn it most professionally. And gee, I can't imagine why you didn't want bondage chains! LOL! Very lovely, Lily
yorkshire lass said... (3/27/08 5:30 AM) Reply
Ooh, love this one. Especially love the warm and cosy collar. I am intrigued by the description of the magazine version though. I can't imagine this with chains, its perfect as you have made it.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (3/26/08 10:41 PM) Reply
Ah yes I remembered this pattern in my stash of magazines as soon as you mentioned the chains. I remember putting it on my list of things to make back then so thanks ffor reminding me what a great pattern it is. See it is worth keeping those old issues!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/26/08 10:39 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I have a cardigan sweater with a similar collar and I love it! I'm not sure if I have this issue ( I have a few earlier than 2004), I'll have to check and see. I love the color too - beautiful!
HeyJane said... (3/26/08 9:49 PM) Reply
Sharp looking jacket! I love everything about it.
ChristineX said... (3/26/08 7:25 PM) Reply
Love it! Such a great color!! I do have a huge Burda stash too (thank you eBay and the passage of time) and half the stuff I have on my to-do list are from back issues.

McCall's M5095

by: LOST_kitty...

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

8 1/2 inch Dressmaking Shears