Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4081 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:3/28/08 9:36 PM
Last Updated:3/28/08 9:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Nancy Anne said... (4/8/08 4:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads-up about your review! Love your version of the jacket, and am crazy about the buttons. Your fit is about the same as mine in the back, so I know it's not me. Sounds like your method of putting the lining in works better than the method in the instructions. I'll have to look that up.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/30/08 9:30 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket!
nancy2001 said... (3/30/08 1:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket.
Kbenco said... (3/30/08 7:47 AM) Reply
I like the buttons too, very classy. The velveteen makes the jacket look very feminine, but it is such a sleek style. I love it.
Athene said... (3/30/08 0:03 AM) Reply
Your jacket is wonderful - you have beautiful fit and I love the color and the buttons.
OP Gal said... (3/29/08 10:52 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I vote for the buttons. I think they give it a definite retro vibe.
wvsher said... (3/29/08 7:11 PM) Reply
Great job on a lovely jacket. I think the buttons you like will look perfect on it. Thanks for the review and link.
northern nasturtium said... (3/29/08 5:36 PM) Reply
what an adorable jacket! Love the green!
Luckylibbet said... (3/29/08 1:35 PM) Reply
Another vote to go for the buttons. I agree with lily that they enhance both the jacket and the buttons.
Sewingmi said... (3/29/08 11:26 AM) Reply
Wow! It fits you perfectly and it's gorgeous!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/29/08 10:54 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. The style is what is in right now and it looks perfect on you. Great job.
Beek said... (3/29/08 10:15 AM) Reply
Green jackets are so versatile and ey-catching. I believe someone just finished one a few days ago? Anyway, I love your jacket and it fits you so well. You'll be able to wear that with so much!
ryan's mom said... (3/29/08 7:41 AM) Reply
Such a pretty jacket and so flattering on you!
anetJay said... (3/29/08 6:46 AM) Reply
ooh my FAVORITE color !!! i love love love the buttons !!! great job and it looks so nice on you :)
kismet007 said... (3/29/08 6:36 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. My neck is to long for that type of collar but I love those narrow sleeves! I thought they were two piece because they hang so well but they're not. I'm going to buy that pattern just for those sleeves. Again, lovely jacket and it fits you very well.
Tiner W said... (3/29/08 2:59 AM) Reply
Everything about that is gorgeous!
EveS said... (3/29/08 2:19 AM) Reply
Ooh, yummy! I like it (and the buttons, too)!!
Em's Summer said... (3/29/08 0:56 AM) Reply
What a lovely jacket!!!
LindsayT said... (3/28/08 10:51 PM) Reply
Way to go with the tricky nap thing! This is so cute on you.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/28/08 10:40 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first instruction free construction. Yay! Your jacket is gorgeous, fits you beautifully, and the green velveteen luxurious. I really love the buttons you're considering; they're much better than matching; they're contrasting in way that enhances both the green velveteen and the complex beauty of the buttons. Do use them. Beautiful creation, Dawn. -Lily
Karen6790 said... (3/28/08 10:09 PM) Reply
Great little jacket, and I love the color on you. Matter of fact, I'd love that color on me, so if you get tired of it, you know where you can send it. I vote for the not-really-matching but too fabulous buttons.

Other Composite review