Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4787 (6 Skirts Made Easy)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:3/30/08 3:07 PM
Last Updated:3/30/08 3:45 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 25 people
VirginiasDghter said... (3/5/11 3:04 PM) Reply
Very nice! Love the fabric and the fact that you underlined it! Love those details too! Well done!
mylittleelephant said... (4/1/08 11:29 AM) Reply
Very helpful review as usual, especially underlining this loosely woven fabric, new knowledge added to me, thank you very much! Lovely skirt with great fit, beautiful flounce too!
aunt saidee said... (3/31/08 8:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful inside and out, Nancy. Love all the handwork details. I, too, nearly always rate reviews and this one is great: so thorough and it's nice to have reference pix. Still waiting for you to do a carwash skirt... jan
Darla in PA said... (3/31/08 3:30 PM) Reply
Very nice looking skirt!
loohoo44 said... (3/31/08 1:54 PM) Reply
Nancy this skirt is so adorable on you, I want one! The back is great. And the finishing work, WOW! You can really tell the difference in the final product, congrats!
LindsayT said... (3/31/08 12:13 PM) Reply
Fantastic skirt and superb details. Makes me wish my workplace wasn't so casual...
Nancy K said... (3/31/08 7:49 AM) Reply
Love this skirt on you. The back flounce is a great fun addition. The perfect example of how using couture construction elements can really elevate the results far above the ordinary.
Sigrid. said... (3/31/08 7:13 AM) Reply
Great pattern, and this skirt looks wonderful on you. the flounce and tabs just make it special.
Danvillegirl said... (3/31/08 6:43 AM) Reply
Great looking skirt and such meticulous work you put into it paid off.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/31/08 0:16 AM) Reply
Nancy, your skirt is absolutely perfect! It looks marvelous on you. Thanks for mentioning about stitching the invisible zip by hand.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/30/08 11:50 PM) Reply
Lovely, lovely skirt, Nancy. You've done a lot of quality hand stitching on it, and the final product looks very professional and designer couture quality. Gorgeous fabric, tab details, zipper and back flirty bits. Lovely, Lily
leanmeansewingmachine said... (3/30/08 10:17 PM) Reply
Wow, that skirt is great! Love the way it turned out.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/30/08 9:32 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt, fits you perfectly! Great job on your zipper too. :-)
Robin Denning said... (3/30/08 9:25 PM) Reply
wow. The fit, the fabric, the cute design details and the beautiful finishing. You look wonderful. Great review.
cmarie12 said... (3/30/08 8:25 PM) Reply
Nancy - great skirt!
Nancywin said... (3/30/08 7:56 PM) Reply
When we were at the PR weekend, one of the ladies at my table told me that she hand picks all of her zippers, including invisible. I had never thought about it before. I just wanted to try it, and I'm glad I did because when I had to release part of the zipper at the bottom of the seam, it was much easier to do so. I think it was just as fast to sew it in by hand as it would have been on the machine.
Marji said... (3/30/08 7:44 PM) Reply
Beautifully sewn, and a lovely skirt. Love that kicky flounce at the back too. Just curious, why would you handpick an invisible zip? It came out well, but I'm just curious as to why.
Athene said... (3/30/08 6:50 PM) Reply
Very helpful review. I really like this skirt on you - beautiful fit.
Em's Summer said... (3/30/08 4:05 PM) Reply
Cute skirt. I did rate your review. I always rate reviews, even when I don't leave a comment.

by: dotes