Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5190 (Military Style Jacket)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
AL
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:3/31/08 1:43 AM
Last Updated:3/31/08 1:43 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Poppycat222 said... (1/16/11 11:56 AM) Reply
Stunning! I aspire to sew like this!
centineo said... (11/1/09 7:54 PM) Reply
I was googling military-inspired patterns and found your jacket. Very cool!
Vonnevo said... (6/25/08 6:50 PM) Reply
Totally Fabulous Erica ! ! !
kbryan said... (4/12/08 11:57 AM) Reply
Wow! You are incredible seamstress. Your work is gorgeous and the jacket looks like it was made for you! :) Lovely, lovely work.
fuzzygalore said... (4/2/08 1:58 AM) Reply
Chains are great - in Chanel's signature fabric, loosely woven and very lightweight, drapey. But they're there because they have a function, to add a bit of weight to hold the back in place. In upholstery fabric, they'd be purely ornemental, if not fighting the structure entirely. But whatever pleases you ;-). I have to admit that I'm not given to military looks on principle, but you make it looks sooo good it's tempting!
lilyofthevalley said... (4/1/08 12:24 PM) Reply
Sharp, crisp military jacket and your use of nubuck was inspired; it really takes the look to a new level. Perfect topstitching, which is always a one-try-only challenge in leathers and nubuck. Your bound buttonholes and chain are couture worthy. Extraordinary! -Lily
Nancy Anne said... (4/1/08 8:48 AM) Reply
What wonderful detailing! This is such a versatile jacket you can wear with a myriad of things- Great work on a wonderful piece!
Annette1 said... (4/1/08 2:12 AM) Reply
What an outstanding jacket! Everything about it just PERFECT. Of course, I would expect nothing less from The Lovely Erica. :o)
Dei said... (3/31/08 3:16 PM) Reply
Fabulousness once again. Impeccable and looking good in it.
kim*brown said... (3/31/08 2:03 PM) Reply
Fierce!! HeeHee! Really, it turned out perfect! I wonder why you didn't have the same problem I had with the uneven lining pieces???
Heatherrique said... (3/31/08 1:55 PM) Reply
Amazing jacket, Erica! Wonderfully crafted!
loohoo44 said... (3/31/08 1:48 PM) Reply
this is great Erica! Trendy but classic. I love how you accesorized your dressform too, LOL.
Markie1 said... (3/31/08 1:42 PM) Reply
Erica-You are our official Jacket Woman! This is another gorgeous creation. I love your fabric choices, they are always, always interesting and wonderful-and your sewing skills--enviable. Really really nice.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/31/08 1:15 PM) Reply
Tres chic jacket!
So So said... (3/31/08 12:16 PM) Reply
WOW! I aspire to this level! In my dreams. Love your yellow top too! Off to check out your blog! Always loads of inspiration there. Thanks
LindsayT said... (3/31/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Right out of the fashion pages as always. Well done.
lcavagnolo said... (3/31/08 11:57 AM) Reply
Another Erica B. masterpiece! I always look forward to seeing your new projects. :)
Everyday Sewist said... (3/31/08 11:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful and chic! I love it with the yellow top. Nice combination.
anuprabhu said... (3/31/08 10:52 AM) Reply
Wow! That is beautiful. I love everything you sew!
cindyann said... (3/31/08 10:36 AM) Reply
Well done, Erica. Great fabric choice.
QuiltersFan said... (3/31/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I am always impressed by your workmanship.
Twinset said... (3/31/08 10:15 AM) Reply
So beautiful! I love it!
Nancywin said... (3/31/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Great look, Erica. What can you share with us about working with faux nubuck? I've never tried it.
Leora said... (3/31/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
Beek said... (3/31/08 8:36 AM) Reply
Stunning! Love this fabric and you staged it so well with that bright yellow blouse and antique gold necklace! Way to go!
Sic said... (3/31/08 8:16 AM) Reply
Gorgeous - I just love the fabric choice! You skills never cease to amaze me. Did you sew the yellow top underneath, too?
lmg said... (3/31/08 7:39 AM) Reply
I didn't give this pattern a second look. But in nubuck with bound buttonholes...WOW.
Sigrid. said... (3/31/08 7:05 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. the bound buttonsholes are such a special detail.
Debbie Cook said... (3/31/08 6:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful work! And great eye for a rockin' jacket from boring line drawings.
Karen8320 said... (3/31/08 6:06 AM) Reply
Erica, another fantastic garment! This is really, really fabulous and I continue to be so impressed by your careful attention to detail. It looks terrific on you!
Elke said... (3/31/08 5:54 AM) Reply
I am always inspired by your work and attention to detail. It looks very cute on you!
jlg said... (3/31/08 5:42 AM) Reply
Fantastic jacket. You did a beautiful job.
LauraLo said... (3/31/08 5:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful, Erica!
Lori V said... (3/31/08 5:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, Erica. I like this style as well, it looks great on you. As the others have stated, great workmanship.
Cody7 said... (3/31/08 4:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful work Erica. You are such a talented sewer. I love to read your reviews.
Squeezylemon said... (3/31/08 4:24 AM) Reply
As usual Erica, your workmanship and style are impeccable! Gorgeous jacket.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (3/31/08 3:56 AM) Reply
Great, another pattern I had not noticed and must now buy!! Brilliant work as always Erica, the epaulet detailed shot especially shows the workmanship that went into this. Love the fabric too.
Karen2931 said... (3/31/08 3:37 AM) Reply
I love the jacket. You do beautiful work.

by: SewLibra