Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2938 (Misses top)

Viewed 2076 times
Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
AL
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:4/1/08 2:35 AM
Last Updated:4/1/08 2:43 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 9 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus
USMCMom said... (5/8/08 7:55 AM) Reply
Erica, your reviews are always so helpful. It looks great and sounds like just the thing for summer
Gold said... (4/18/08 2:36 PM) Reply
Very cute top.I like the ribbon idea you used.I might have to copy that one!:)Fabulous top!
AuntieShel said... (4/13/08 7:59 PM) Reply
Erica, don't know how I missed this review--your top is fabulous, the color so spring-like (which we're still waiting for up here in RI.) Just noticed this pattern in the book and based on your gorgeous top, I'll have to get it!!
N_Vogue said... (4/3/08 1:36 AM) Reply
Erica, you've done it again!! That colour is so hot this year. Just p/u pattern. Impeccable! Thanks for the review.
Larkin said... (4/2/08 8:15 PM) Reply
I love your use of grosgrain - really cute top. Enjoy!
Dei said... (4/2/08 4:50 PM) Reply
Too pretty! Love the color and the ribbon. I agree about your selection of zipper. Everything came together well.
Lucy in Virginia said... (4/2/08 2:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this top. I've had my eye on this pattern and wanted to see what it would look like when a PR member made it. You've done a beautiful job on your blouse and what an eye-catching color!
CreativeDiva said... (4/2/08 12:08 PM) Reply
Very nice. I love the colour and I bet it looks smashing on you. You have a great eye for design and colour.
Modiste Madness said... (4/2/08 8:49 AM) Reply
You always do such nice work and have a great eye for design.
Danvillegirl said... (4/2/08 6:43 AM) Reply
I like this top and I know I will be out to get this pattern.
Annette1 said... (4/2/08 1:30 AM) Reply
Difficult fabric, but nary a pucker in sight. :o) Beautiful finish and fantastic fabric!
ColorMeHome said... (4/2/08 0:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! I wish I could put in zippers as good as you did!! I love your choice of the ribbon ties. Great job!
born2bead said... (4/1/08 5:46 PM) Reply
Erica - this looks great and yellow is one of my favorite colors! I just picked up this pattern because I liked the top because of the pleats at the neckline. I've never used stretch charmeuse but I may be tempted to look for it after seeing your top :-)
Sic said... (4/1/08 5:33 PM) Reply
Love it! I picked up the pattern today - thanks for the review!
EveS said... (4/1/08 4:36 PM) Reply
What a fabulous shell and a gorgeous color...I bet that yellow looks great on you! I would've overlooked this pattern if not for your review...thanks, Erica!
lilyofthevalley said... (4/1/08 2:40 PM) Reply
Difficult stretch charmeuse and yet you've gotten pristine finishes. Very exciting color and I'm enchanted by the princess seams that curve inward towards the neck detail. Extremely flattering and feminine. This is quite a beauty! -Lily
EastwoodFan said... (4/1/08 2:33 PM) Reply
Cute color and very stylish! Your garments always look great.
Maychi said... (4/1/08 1:10 PM) Reply
I love this top on you! And the colour is perfect!
VtMartha said... (4/1/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top - and you found grosgrain ribbon to match?
lcavagnolo said... (4/1/08 12:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! This pattern has practically been begging me to sew it the past week or two, and your version is a great inspiration! Beautiful as always...
Meredith P said... (4/1/08 10:42 AM) Reply
You do an awesome invisible zipper! Any tips on getting it so smooth and absolutely even at the top on each side?
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/1/08 10:24 AM) Reply
Great top, love the lines, gorgeous colour too!!
Christina W said... (4/1/08 10:21 AM) Reply
Hey - this looks great! Have you seen the J. Crew charmeuse shell that looks just like this and retails for> $80? I am totally going to knock it off after seeing your success with this pattern! And the color is stunning!
meli88a said... (4/1/08 10:08 AM) Reply
I love this color and the simple lines in this top!
Christina Sonja said... (4/1/08 10:00 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous top. Those pleats at the neckline are so hot right now!
Kaitlinnegan said... (4/1/08 9:56 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous! I was debating about this one (you know, "Do I really *need* another pattern?"), but you've made up my mind.
annie11 said... (4/1/08 9:47 AM) Reply
That's gorgeous! I just got this pattern and am glad to hear that it worked well for you.
Marji said... (4/1/08 9:03 AM) Reply
That's a winner. I never would have looked twice at this pattern, but I love what you've done with it.
LindsayT said... (4/1/08 8:52 AM) Reply
Love the yellow! Me too, big Tory Burch fan here.
Nancy Anne said... (4/1/08 8:49 AM) Reply
What a great little shirt to wear with jeans or a skirt. Love your color and fabric choice, and thanks for the heads-up about removing the ease.
Tearsa said... (4/1/08 7:25 AM) Reply
Yellow is my favorite color.. so I am in love with this top! Great job!
Lori V said... (4/1/08 7:22 AM) Reply
Very pretty, beautiful color. The ties in the side seams - great idea.
So So said... (4/1/08 7:09 AM) Reply
Thanks for review this fabulous top which a few of us spotted under your nubuck jacket. Totally agree about the colour. don't you find the fabrics that just sneakly catch your eey e are the ones that youmust have and become some of your all time favs? witht eh concealed zipper and the grossgrain rib detail this is a very classy top! edit just checke dout the pattern , you certainlyhave an eye for the patterns, I would never never have given this a 2nd look. Tho love the dress fabric on the model too. Tho i am usually a plain girl.
susinok said... (4/1/08 6:44 AM) Reply
Fabulous top in a fabulous color!
Elaray said... (4/1/08 6:43 AM) Reply
That is a "great little top". The color is gorgeous!
anetJay said... (4/1/08 6:16 AM) Reply
very pretty top!! the invisible zipper was a great choice !!!
squirrellypoo said... (4/1/08 6:11 AM) Reply
I love it, and the colour is so perfect and cheery for Spring! I didn't even know there was such a thing as stretch charmeuse... interesting.

Lekala Patterns 4161