Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB023BS (Betty Shopper)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:4/5/08 8:56 PM
Last Updated:4/5/08 9:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
GaSouBelle said... (12/12/08 5:50 PM) Reply
Love, love, love your bag! I've had this pattern forever but haven't tried it yet. Going to have to break it out now.
Amber in Norfolk said... (7/14/08 10:34 AM) Reply
I love this bag!
Meggie LuLu said... (4/12/08 11:12 AM) Reply
That is SOOO CUTE!!!!! I love your fabric (I almost bought this fabric a while back, now I wish I had).
lilyofthevalley said... (4/7/08 8:17 PM) Reply
Wonderful bag, Cidell, and your fabric is fantastically eyecatching. I think you were destined to have this bag because you *do* look a teeny bit like the model on the pattern cover. Lovely, Lily
Deepika said... (4/7/08 9:36 AM) Reply
How cute is that bag. I simply love it. Thanks for drawing me to this pattern. I must make myself a betty shopper too. I prefer Peltex too.
cindy-lou said... (4/7/08 9:22 AM) Reply
You maxed out on cute here. I absolutely love your bag!
ColorMeHome said... (4/6/08 7:15 PM) Reply
I love your bag! I just bought this pattern and am really anxious to make it after seeing yours! Perfect choice of fabric!
Heatherrique said... (4/6/08 12:13 PM) Reply
Cidell, what a fab looking bag! I cannot wait for you to model this in one of your cool outfits!
Erica B. said... (4/6/08 11:20 AM) Reply
Adorable bag!
carolynw said... (4/6/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Love it
So So said... (4/6/08 7:52 AM) Reply
Great photo! And an even greater bag! Never made any of these but hey always look good. Love the buttons as feet!
Sew4Fun said... (4/6/08 3:56 AM) Reply
What dvmcindy said. Chic bag! I want one! :) I like your double button feet too. Nifty idea!
Christina Sonja said... (4/6/08 2:44 AM) Reply
This bag turned out fabulous. I'm sure you just sold a few more patterns for Amy Butler.
Annette1 said... (4/6/08 1:52 AM) Reply
GREAT print! I like the fact that you've added the structure and support for your bag via the Peltex. (I'm not familiar with that, so I'll have to check it out. ) Otherwise, I would think it would just turn into a big sack, and the cool shape would be lost (and even the print, to some extent). As for the model, I thought that WAS you! How come nobody ever mistakes me for a stinkin' model? :o)
Leora said... (4/6/08 0:03 AM) Reply
Wow that is one big bag! I actually have this pattern and really meant to make it, now I'll have to pull it out again. You really gave some great advice on interfacing, thanks for a great review!
CynthiaSue said... (4/5/08 11:50 PM) Reply
Chic fabric. Chic bag. want it.
Nancywin said... (4/5/08 11:07 PM) Reply
Looks great! How do you like the size of it? I have two bags coming up in my near future.
KrystalL said... (4/5/08 10:14 PM) Reply
Cool bag! Great fabric too. I'm just getting into Amy Butler myself. Thanks for this review. :-)
Karen6790 said... (4/5/08 9:45 PM) Reply
What a great bag - I'm a BIG fan of big bags. I love the fabric and definitely see why you had to have it.
JMarie1962 said... (4/5/08 9:38 PM) Reply
Love the print on your bag and your review is very informative. I love the Amy Butler bags, but have not yet made one. I'll keep your review in mind when it's my turn to make one of these fantastic bags. Thanks!
solosmocker said... (4/5/08 9:18 PM) Reply
Cute! That is ginormous! I love your print.
Darla in PA said... (4/5/08 9:15 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous bag! I would love to hear how it works for real life.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117