Pattern Reviews> Go Patterns> 4001 (Sleeveless Dress)

Reviewed by:NanKaye

About NanKayestar
MA USA
Member since: 3/2/08
Posted on:4/8/08 4:18 PM
Last Updated:4/9/08 6:58 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
lilyofthevalley said... (4/10/08 12:09 PM) Reply
Gorgeous little black dress. The fabric is perfect, as is the fit. It's particularly attractive on you in your neck and shoulder areas. An excellent and thorough first review, and I look forward to seeing many more of your creations in the future. Absolutely lovely, Lily
MarilynB said... (4/10/08 7:01 AM) Reply
This dress is perfection! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.
Peggy L said... (4/10/08 6:12 AM) Reply
Great dress! I think you've sold some patterns for them.
Bonnie O said... (4/9/08 9:43 PM) Reply
Terrific looking classic dress. The accessories are perfect with it! You look wonderful.
jhansby said... (4/9/08 8:40 PM) Reply
Great dress, and great job making it! (you look pretty darn good in it, too)
leanmeansewingmachine said... (4/9/08 8:30 PM) Reply
That's it, you've made the perfect summer dress! It looks great on you. I never realized it had pockets too, that's even better.
Kiwi Girl said... (4/9/08 8:12 PM) Reply
You have made a great job on fit with your dress. I looks great on you - better than RTW anyday.
Heatherrique said... (4/9/08 2:47 PM) Reply
You look fabulous! Great dress!
Allison said... (4/9/08 12:19 PM) Reply
NanKaye: LOVE the big belt! It looks great! Thanks for reviewing it! Allison P.
Beek said... (4/9/08 11:35 AM) Reply
Very classic and beautiful dress. Looks fantastic on you. And I like your choice of pearls and that wide belt.
MelissaB in WA said... (4/9/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! So nice the instructions told you to make a muslin first - very sensible.
EveS said... (4/9/08 10:28 AM) Reply
GREAT dress!!! Definitely wishlisting this pattern!!! Looks awesome on you, too!
cabinbaby said... (4/9/08 10:09 AM) Reply
Thanks for the larger picture, it's perfect!!!
meli88a said... (4/9/08 10:06 AM) Reply
With the alterations, this is perfect for you. With the pearls, it's so Audrey Hepburn! Lovely.
Deb Fox said... (4/9/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Deb Fox said... (4/9/08 9:41 AM) Reply
I had to order the pattern once I saw your photo! Your version turned out magnificently, and I can't wait to try it myself. I noticed on their website that they have photos of the dress done in different fabrics and it looks amazing. now I wish they'd come out with more patterns, FAST! I wonder if it'd be okay to have a whole wardrobe of these in different fabrics. Would anyone be able to tell that they're the same dress?
Leora said... (4/9/08 9:30 AM) Reply
What a perfect LBD. Pretty dress!!
cindyann said... (4/9/08 8:08 AM) Reply
Thank you!!!! I've had my eye on this pattern for some time. I'm so glad it worked out for you. It look just wonderful!
nellc said... (4/9/08 7:44 AM) Reply
Very nice little black dress.
squirrellypoo said... (4/9/08 6:31 AM) Reply
It's so great to see another version of this that isn't mine! :) It looks fabulous on you, and I'm glad to hear you thought it was so good, too! (I shortened mine also)
Marji said... (4/9/08 3:43 AM) Reply
I'm so glad to see this dress reviewed in it's completed state. Thanks for resizing the picture. It looks great!
Seaspur said... (4/9/08 0:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful!
marleesmom said... (4/8/08 9:11 PM) Reply
I've never seen patterns by this company but your review has made me want to order this one right away. Beautiful dress!
Dmd4106 said... (4/8/08 8:47 PM) Reply
Looks like you found your answer to "the little black dress:! Great dress and congratulation on your first review! Look forward to your day dress version.
cabinbaby said... (4/8/08 6:21 PM) Reply
My local fabric boutique has this pattern and I keep picking it up. I'd love to see your version. It sounds lovely.
Berniejh said... (4/8/08 6:00 PM) Reply
Oh NanKaye please fix your link! I have just received this pattern & would love to see it made up.
SewLil said... (4/8/08 5:01 PM) Reply
Sounds like a great pattern. Can't wait to see a pic (your link isn't working).

by: mhoutz