Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2008-114 (Pencil Skirt)

Reviewed by:anetJay

About anetJaystar
IL USA
Member since: 3/13/08
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:4/10/08 12:58 PM
Last Updated:4/10/08 12:58 PM

lilyofthevalley said... (4/14/08 3:48 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt and the home dec fabric is just perfect. Love the slimmed hem and it looks so attractive. Easy and fast, too? Well, that's pretty darned tempting. Lovely, Lily
MelissaB in WA said... (4/11/08 9:55 AM) Reply
Two skirts in one morning, must be a winner of a pattern. Your skirt looks great on you!!!
Sewing Chick said... (4/11/08 8:47 AM) Reply
Great skirt! I ordered some cotton from Gorgeous Fabrics and couldn't decide what kind of skirt to make. I will definitely make it out of this pattern!
anetJay said... (4/11/08 5:04 AM) Reply
actually Lucia/Lyonel, it is from the march issue of bwof because i am working the challenge on the message boards, i havent even looked at my april issue yet ( i am easily distracted!!) but now i cant wait to look, i hope this makes sense and sorry about any confusion :) janet
Squeezylemon said... (4/11/08 4:24 AM) Reply
Fabulous skirt on you! And you also uttered the magic words "extremely easy instructions" and "made two of them in a morning" so what's not to like??!!
Lucia/Lyonel said... (4/10/08 11:52 PM) Reply
Hm, I'm pretty sure this is the 04-2008 BWOF, not 03... is there a way to change the number in your review? Having gotten that out of my system... Wow, looks terrific! I have been eyeing a home-dec cotton remnant at JoAnn's for a skirt, and I think you've just enabled me. :-) [Edited to add: OMG, you're totally right and I'm totally a dope! Clearly my memory is failing me, because I've been poring over that issue for weeks. Mea culpa... 03-2008 it is!]
Heatherrique said... (4/10/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Out-a-sight skirt! You look great!
CynthiaSue said... (4/10/08 6:01 PM) Reply
this looks so good on you!!
Anelie said... (4/10/08 4:15 PM) Reply
What an encouraging review, thank you! I've traced off the pattern and am hoping to have it made in time for some warm weather ;-)
Kiwi Girl said... (4/10/08 4:05 PM) Reply
What a lovely skirt. And a clever piece of photography - we can see the back of your skirt in the mirror. I love your material.
pterion said... (4/10/08 1:24 PM) Reply