Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> 14 (HP Pussycat Blouse KnockOff)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:4/13/08 7:11 PM
Last Updated:4/13/08 7:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
OP Gal said... (2/14/09 9:43 PM) Reply
Very clever use of PMB to produce a wonderful knock-off of the HP blouse. It looks identical to me. Very becoming--the color looks great on you.
AquariJenn said... (5/2/08 2:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful top. You really proved the benefits of constructing a muslin as your top fits wonderfully.
Marji said... (5/1/08 4:56 PM) Reply
That has always been on my list of blouses to make someday - love the style but haven't wanted to fuss with the pattern draft. You've created a lovely blouse here. Thanks for sharing the whole drafting process using PMB with us.
Cristina_TC said... (4/28/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Great job, so stylish!
Kellie R. said... (4/26/08 1:44 AM) Reply
This blouse is amazing!!! It is so well made and your pattern/stripes match perfectly! Very impressive!
Athene said... (4/19/08 8:24 PM) Reply
Absolutely devine. Make me wish I had PMB and knew how to use it.
Susan Fleury said... (4/19/08 6:25 PM) Reply
I Love the technical info, but what version of PMB
SarahWeb said... (4/15/08 10:34 AM) Reply
Fabulous blouse! What a great job. You look so stylish in your beautiful creations.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/14/08 11:31 PM) Reply
Oh, Kay, this is clearly a Masterpiece. The fit, the fabric, the styling - all completely perfect. You are quickly mastering your pattern making software, and this beauty will make a delightful entry in the One Fabric - Silk contest. I'm completely enamored with this blouse! -Lily
Danvillegirl said... (4/14/08 7:38 PM) Reply
Great job!
Sandil said... (4/14/08 3:37 PM) Reply
As always, just beautiful... looks lovely on you!
fuzzygalore said... (4/14/08 1:41 PM) Reply
That looks really great! Probably much better than the original without more fuss in the fitting.
mylittleelephant said... (4/14/08 8:56 AM) Reply
Wow, AMAZING fabric and great fit, I have enjoyed your muslin pictures and how you did it, I have never done muslin like that properly, this is very helpful and I even like your muslin fabric.......great combination with your jacket, inspiring, thanks for the reveiw.
cecelia said... (4/14/08 8:53 AM) Reply
I love the way your blouse came out, the color and the fit. Your review proves that muslins are important, even when you have Wild Ginger.
Debbie Cook said... (4/14/08 8:45 AM) Reply
Just beautiful Kay! You certainly don't need to buy $20 patterns when you can do such great knockoffs in PMB.
carolynw said... (4/14/08 8:44 AM) Reply
Really helpful review and a really lovely shirt!
Irene Q said... (4/14/08 8:44 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse! I love the tie neck on the bias with the stripes. I think you should sew another one (well, I would if I got such great results), or at least re-use the empire waist part. It looks so good on you!
AnneM said... (4/14/08 8:04 AM) Reply
I love it! I really like that style. Excellent to see what you did to get there. Another thing to aspire to with my new PMB4 program. (Maybe you can just send me your version? ;) )
Ronda Rae said... (4/14/08 6:24 AM) Reply
Great blouse. I'm not sure how I missed that Jacket, but I am IN LOVE with it. It's a great style and awesome fit! I aspire to sew that well.
ajax said... (4/14/08 4:51 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse, beautiful fit and colour. It looks really good on you. From what I remember of the reviews for the HP original some people has problems with the fit. A job well done copying it with the PMB software, and a very informative review. Love the idea for stabilising the neckline.
Lori V said... (4/13/08 11:08 PM) Reply
Great review and wonderful blouse.
hongkongshopper said... (4/13/08 10:55 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse!
Mahler said... (4/13/08 10:06 PM) Reply
I would love to see that blouse with the new suit. Your fabric looks stunning. I great, great, original blouse.
Lady_Mame said... (4/13/08 10:03 PM) Reply
I had to bring my non-sewing roomie over to be impressed with this shirt-- that is very stylish!
NanKaye said... (4/13/08 9:41 PM) Reply
This is way better than HP! I just viewed your flicker report on this shirt am and so impressed with what a fine and detailed job you did with this shirt. It looks really good on you and your choice of fashion fabric is stunning. WOW!!
CarolynGM said... (4/13/08 9:23 PM) Reply
Great review of your drafting process. Keep it up and you'll talk me into buying PMB. Your blouse looks super nice.
bunz said... (4/13/08 9:10 PM) Reply
You look gorgeous in it - looks like a $90 blouse!
Kris32 said... (4/13/08 7:23 PM) Reply
Amazing job and I like that color on you!

Burda 7519