Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 500 (Pleated Top/ Tank top)

Viewed 1978 times
Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:6/8/03 11:04 AM
Last Updated:1/28/08 2:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

blue mooney said... (1/28/08 9:23 PM) Reply
Wow! What a great look for minimal effort! Nancy is right, that's a great color on you.
Nancywin said... (1/28/08 7:32 PM) Reply
Peggy - this color is so flattering on you. Sometimes these "instant gratification" things can turn out to be our favorites. THis looks good on you
carolynw said... (1/28/08 5:45 PM) Reply
Nice looking top Peggy - thanks for the inspiration - have a piece of pleated "chiffon" and wasn't sure what to do with it - now I know!! and all while supper is cooking to boot LOL
Re Becca said... (1/28/08 4:50 PM) Reply
I love the color, and your use of the pleated fabric. I envy a "while cooking" top!
Leslie in Austin said... (1/28/08 4:26 PM) Reply
Your latest version is so pretty!!
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/28/08 4:20 PM) Reply
Very pretty top. I have this pattern but have not used it yet. Have you ever made the tank top from this pattern? I'm wondering how it fits.
Peggy L said... (6/11/03 3:47 PM) Reply
Mariko - thanks. These were my first fabrics from EOS. Really different prints and she was great to deal with. She still has both of these on her web site as well as a pink/purple pleated knit that looks neat. pl
Mariko said... (6/11/03 12:20 PM) Reply
Peggy, great tops (this one and the previous review) and your fabric choice is wonderful! I wondered where everyone buys knit/stretchy materials. I have wanted to try stretchy design, but could not find fabric I like around here. Just went to Emma One Sock web site and found what they sell all so lovely. I would like to try some. Thank you for the info.!
Rebecca D said... (6/11/03 8:10 AM) Reply
Peggy, great top! The whole outfit is perfect for your body type, which is much like mine, and I am slapping my hand away from the order button, too, like Diane E. Also, the fabric is amazing.
Peggy L said... (6/10/03 5:09 PM) Reply
Thanks! This is the first pleated fabric I have used. I haven't really seen any except at Emma One Sock. I have gotten a lot of compliments on this top today at work.
Jill Giard said... (6/10/03 3:23 PM) Reply
Great top! Pants are nice too. Very versatile pattern.
Debbie Spriggs said... (6/10/03 2:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty, Peggy!
Georgene said... (6/10/03 12:59 PM) Reply
Very Issey Miyake "Pleats Please"! Have you found many other pleated fabrics? This pattern is a winner.
Diane E said... (6/10/03 12:03 PM) Reply
ooh that's pretty, Peggy. Thanks for posting the picture. p.s. what goofy expression?
Peggy L said... (6/8/03 10:05 PM) Reply
The pleated top is one piece, the tank is the usual two pieces. To confess how lazy I can be, after I did the rolled hem edges I just widened the stitch to do the seams.
Ann C said... (6/8/03 5:54 PM) Reply
Peggy, thanks for the review and the heads-up on this pattern.
AnneM said... (6/8/03 2:09 PM) Reply
What an interesting aspect of the pattern. I'd looked at this, but didn't realize that it was one piece.
Diane E said... (6/8/03 1:22 PM) Reply
Wow, Peggy, I am very intrigued with the notion of a one-piece top and serged finishing. I hadn't seen this pattern before and am now slapping my hand away from the "order" button!

McCall's m6389