Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5144 (Retro 1948)

Reviewed by:crystalwoods

About crystalwoodsstar
BC CANADA
Member since: 11/27/06
Posted on:4/16/08 2:52 AM
Last Updated:4/16/08 2:58 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
AnneM said... (10/2/13 4:50 PM) Reply
What a nice jacket. I might have to look for a similar style. Very flexible, dressy or casual.
Wendy HH said... (3/9/13 9:05 PM) Reply
I have a jacket almost exactly like this that belonged to my mother. It is so elegant: black velvet, with a white silk satin lining and a black frog closing.
Jennifer shaw said... (2/4/13 11:14 AM) Reply
It is a lovely jacket. I love how nicely the boucle drapes in your coat!
VelmaVance said... (5/16/12 3:53 PM) Reply
Lovely ~ I've long loved the pop of turquoise on red. I especially appreciated your detail on the dart meeting the edge on the lining. well done.
Miss Fairchild said... (6/2/09 9:00 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review as I have the pattern; came across it in the Butterick book and loved it at first sight. I especially like that you used boucle for the outside fabric, and lined it. Your review has given me inspiration to try a different fabric, other than wool flannel. And the touch on the cuffs--what a idea! Thank you again!
lb beginner said... (5/15/09 3:29 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern. My plan is to do it unlined in fleece as an alternative to the 'sporty' fleece jackets. Who knows when I will get around it it!
kcwoman said... (4/18/09 9:48 PM) Reply
It is beautiful and your review was very helpful.
lola95 said... (9/24/08 1:39 PM) Reply
I made this jacket in a deep green, leafy cotton fabric. I used sew-in interfacing. I wish I'd read your review before working it! Iron-on would have been much easier, and I love the piping and the embroidery.
Bibliogirl said... (5/9/08 8:21 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks great! I love the turquoise. I'm about to start to make this in a soft pink silk velvet, as an evening jacket. Reading your review has been really helpful - I think i will cut that front a bit longer, as you suggest. thanks!
wvsher said... (4/17/08 2:07 PM) Reply
Great job, and I love the personal touches you added to it. Thanks for the review!
Athene said... (4/16/08 5:24 PM) Reply
I love your jacket and all the extra details you put in - the clasp, embroidery and piping. I have the pattern and have been waiting to see a review of it so thank you so much for your very helpful review.
ryansmumAria said... (4/16/08 8:36 AM) Reply
OMG! ABsolutely fabulous!
Speech girl said... (4/16/08 8:15 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket--you'll have fun wearing it.
dorothyn said... (4/16/08 7:35 AM) Reply
What a great project! I love your bold color combination, and the detailing and accents you added. It has retro lines, but your fabric choices, the clasp and the decorative stitching give it a modern look too. I'm sure you will enjoy wearing this and get loads of compliments!
squirrellypoo said... (4/16/08 7:27 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! Your piping and embroidery and nice little touches really make this. And I feel you on the weather - it's still scarf and mitten weather here in London, too!

Other One-Yard Wonders Page 140