Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5529 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:4/17/08 3:16 AM
Last Updated:4/18/08 4:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Grammy Gin said... (6/10/08 5:13 PM) Reply
Svelte! You look smashing!!! I'm going backward in my reading of your reviews...kinda' late, too. Boy have you been busy !!!
Peggy L said... (4/18/08 8:38 PM) Reply
I think it looks great. You can wear it together or with other pieces - looks like the beginning of a great SWAP!
Stitchcakes said... (4/18/08 10:40 AM) Reply
I thought the same thing about the bias tape on the seams. As a newbie without a serger, this is a technique that I think I may make a signature of mine! :-) The blue is really lovely and I think you should actually play it up for the spring trends with a bold print blouse in a large floral pattern. If you dare!
EveS said... (4/17/08 11:59 PM) Reply
This IS a fabulous color and a great outfit (but I enjoyed your visual)! I love this pattern, too, and might try it again in a lighter weight since seeing yours. Thanks for the amusing read! :)
hongkongshopper said... (4/17/08 6:52 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket. I had the same thought as the last comment - you could bind the seams.....if you really need to cover the uneveness.
lcavagnolo said... (4/17/08 12:24 PM) Reply
I agree with the others. The color of your outfit did catch my eye -- in a good way! Perhaps instead of having to create a lining, you could sew 1/4" bias tape over the finishing you don't like? Either way, it's a great outfit and you should definitely feel great wearing this!
carolynw said... (4/17/08 9:53 AM) Reply
Love everything about this outfit - the total blue is wonderful so don't have reservations about wearing it!!
goldenthreads said... (4/17/08 9:51 AM) Reply
This is a very nice suit, and it is very flattering on you. You look great!
mastdenman said... (4/17/08 9:07 AM) Reply
It's a great outfit and if you feel too blue, you have great separates.
BJ1400 said... (4/17/08 8:05 AM) Reply
I think it looks great on you-nice color.
nancy2001 said... (4/17/08 7:47 AM) Reply
Very flattering suit. You look very stylish.
yorkshire lass said... (4/17/08 7:17 AM) Reply
I love the whole outfit. It stood out on the gallery for me. It's a very smart look for spring IMHO
lynda828 said... (4/17/08 3:58 AM) Reply
My first reaction was wow what a great colour on you. I love the jacket and you're right bengaline is great for pants.
Athene said... (4/17/08 3:51 AM) Reply
I agree with Lily - the whole blue outfit looks very attractive.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/17/08 3:44 AM) Reply
Oh, I think you're being waaay too hard on your design choice. I very much like the pants and jacket of the same blue rpl; it's so slimming and the blue is a very flattering color for you (despite your sea worthy analogy). I say wear the pants and jacket together and wait for the compliments. It's truly lovely, Lily

by: catintheha...