Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3838 (6 Made Easy)

Reviewed by:Ronda Rae

Last Updated:4/17/08 7:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops

sew sally said... (7/22/08 11:23 AM) Reply
I am making this also but lengthening it into a dress. Great job!
heathercampbell29 said... (6/23/08 11:15 AM) Reply
This looks great. I actually just bought this pattern over the weekend, now I can't wait to get sewing after seeing your version! I'm planning to make the short sleeve version too.
Sheila457 said... (4/20/08 2:18 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse and the paisley print is gorgeous, may I ask where did you purchase the fabric? Also I like the contrasting trim. Great job.
Heatherrique said... (4/18/08 5:48 PM) Reply
Very attractive top! You look marvelous!
PegL said... (4/18/08 1:44 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you! I use one of those little sticky note tabs on which I write the view letter and to mark where I am in patterns with multiple views. It really saves my sanity! ;>)
cindyann said... (4/18/08 8:17 AM) Reply
I think this is fantastic on you. Very cute!
JMarie1962 said... (4/17/08 9:31 PM) Reply
I love the b/w theme and this top turned out really cute, despite your challenges with the armcye. I was resistant to this style of top for a long time too but as you've stated, it's very flattering! Just think what you can get away with on "those puffy days." :o Nice job and helpful review too!
Peterborough Stitch said... (4/17/08 8:24 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic! Great fabrics, great cut, great job.
WoodfordGormley said... (4/17/08 8:22 PM) Reply
I love the black paisley fabric, and I think your blouse looks much nicer than the one on the pattern enevlope.
Athene said... (4/17/08 5:57 PM) Reply
This is a great look. I love the fabric pattern. Although you say its a bit snug in the rib area, in the side photo it looks like a very nice fit.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/17/08 11:22 AM) Reply
Darling top on your small frame, Ronda, and the black accents really set off your print. I too find it maddening when the instructions are merged for different views; just don't have the patience to dig at each step. But you persevered and created a lovely top. -Lily
Em's Summer said... (4/17/08 11:16 AM) Reply
Cute top! The sleeves look great! I have this pattern, but haven't made it, yet. After seeing how yours turned out, I think I'll have to push it up in the queue.
Re Becca said... (4/17/08 10:22 AM) Reply
I love your mix of print and solid black, very stylish. Cute design elements. Yours looks much better than the envelope.
mssewcrazy said... (4/17/08 8:44 AM) Reply
Your top is really nice. I looked at that pattern in hand at the last sale and did not pull it. I guess I need to get it for my daughter for summer.

by: Sheila457