Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2008-108:Blouse (Blouse)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:4/17/08 5:21 PM
Last Updated:4/17/08 5:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
lilyofthevalley said... (4/20/08 1:03 PM) Reply
Dawn, I was momentarily speechless when I clicked on your photo. This blouse and all its details (with your meticulous needlework) are drop dead gorgeous on you. Love it, love it, love it! (I don't think you're broad shouldered; I think you're just thinner than your shoulders anticipated. But effectively, yes, a small broad shoulder adjustment on a sz 34 would result in a perfectly perfect fit.) This is a real beauty! -Lily
MelissaB in WA said... (4/19/08 0:28 AM) Reply
What a neat top, I think it looks lovely on you!
fuzzygalore said... (4/18/08 3:13 PM) Reply
I like this much better on you than in the magazine, especially like your varigated thread on plain color. If I were you I'd definitely go down a size and make a wide shoulders adjustment, the back for instance would fit you much better. Can you do a small bit of fusing the facing down to the seam allowance instead of understitching the front? Anyway, I think the dramatic collar in a discreet color is a good idea - I find I hesitate to wear things where everything is dramatic, so it's best if I pick one thing or the other..
Beek said... (4/18/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Neat top! I like the ruffly details. You were wise to pick a solid color to better show off those details and your skill.
Elke said... (4/18/08 8:14 AM) Reply
Very pretty, love the collar and pockets!
LauraLo said... (4/18/08 3:55 AM) Reply
That's really lovely! And you look so beautiful and happy in it!
EveS said... (4/17/08 11:52 PM) Reply
Great top! I was feeling a little chicken to try this one, but yours is awesome! Thanks for the very helpful review, too!
Karen6790 said... (4/17/08 11:42 PM) Reply
Oh, I like this made up. This is one of the March patterns I want to make - I already have the fabric set aside for it. Thanks for going first. Nice job.
Athene said... (4/17/08 5:33 PM) Reply
The collar is dramatic - I love your photo with the collar up.
Angelia74 said... (4/17/08 5:27 PM) Reply