Pattern Reviews> Bernina MyLabel> tunic (tunic)

Reviewed by:Robin Denning

About Robin Denningstar
MD USA
Member since: 6/24/04
Posted on:4/19/08 10:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Mahogany Stylist said... (4/25/08 2:26 PM) Reply
Great looking tunic. Love the fabric.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/21/08 1:07 PM) Reply
Robin, you are really creating beautiful garments with your software, and this lovely ruffled blouse is no exception. Yes voile is a stinker to work with, but how pleased you'll be during the hot weather to have this soft, feminine beauty. Lovely, Lily
Athene said... (4/21/08 2:32 AM) Reply
Robin thank you for your explanation. The fit is beautiful. I think I'm beginning to covet this BML program.
nancy2001 said... (4/20/08 8:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful tunic with a perfect fit. The My Label program is reallly working well for you.
Sewing Chick said... (4/20/08 4:23 PM) Reply
Your tunic is beautiful! I've enjoyed seeing what all you have done with BML. I especially love the ruffles. Beautiful work!
Robin Denning said... (4/20/08 10:40 AM) Reply
blue mooney, your compliment means the world to me. I voted for your collection in the Timmel SWAP last year (I know I prolly shouldn't divulge that, but oh well). So, it was your SWAP that inspired me!~ :)
Robin Denning said... (4/20/08 10:36 AM) Reply
Oh thank you all! As you know these comments do boost the morale! Athene, you are observant. In the last few tunics, I realized the bust needed to be decreased. Rather than go back and re-print another pattern, I made the adjustment to the tissue pattern. All I did was cut a horizontal line at the cetner of the side dart leg. I remove a good 1.5 inches all together. Other than that, it is just the fabric and the ruffles pulling it in a bit. In BML I don't need to change my measurements - I just need to decrease the amount of ease in the bustline on the style, next time I print one. I find I do not spend that much time on the computer using the software. Once I have a decent pattern, I use it over and over.
MissCelie said... (4/20/08 8:44 AM) Reply
How much do I LOVE those ruffles!!
blue mooney said... (4/20/08 8:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful! You do such nice work, Robin. I also like your sense of style...like the way you added the ruffles on this top. I'm looking to you for inspiration!
Peggy L said... (4/20/08 7:54 AM) Reply
Great top - love the fabric.
CarolynGM said... (4/20/08 5:45 AM) Reply
I really like what you did with the ruffles. Your gorgeous cotton voile will be so cool and airy this summer.
Athene said... (4/20/08 0:42 AM) Reply
Your top is lovely. I've been following your reviews closely as I'm interested in BML. One question - did you change this pattern a bit from the previous two tops -I'm curious as this top photo appears to have a closer higher armhole in comparison to the previous two.
cindy-lou said... (4/19/08 11:02 PM) Reply
Robin, I LOVE your tunic! I have been very curious about MyLabel and PMB-- great to se results like this! :)
Flying Seamstress said... (4/19/08 10:32 PM) Reply
Your tunic is FABULOUS ~ Love the fabric and the ruffles!

Sense & Sensibility Elegant Lady's Closet