Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2007-115 (Wide leg, High Waist trousers)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:4/19/08 11:57 PM
Last Updated:4/20/08 0:04 AM

lilyofthevalley said... (4/21/08 1:22 PM) Reply
Cidell, I'm 'peering' at your photo trying to identify all the defective work - I don't see any of it! I see beautiful legs, in beautiful pants with beautiful details. Very lovely, Lily
Mary Stiefer said... (4/21/08 9:25 AM) Reply
wow - I think these look very professional. A job well done.
Markie1 said... (4/21/08 0:53 AM) Reply
Cidell you are so accomplished! These pants are great, very RTW and you look like a slender sycamore, very tall and narrow. Three inch heels? Careful now...
Dei said... (4/20/08 8:04 PM) Reply
I'm jealous just looking at your flat belly. You can slap anything over that tummy and it would look great. Any imperfections you see are visible only to you because those pants look mighty good to me.
Sewing Chick said... (4/20/08 4:26 PM) Reply
As with all of your creations, these are beautiful! You always inspire me. Thanks, Cidell.
Flying Seamstress said... (4/20/08 3:40 PM) Reply
Great style and you look great in them! Nice work and good review.
Luckylibbet said... (4/20/08 12:58 PM) Reply
Great pants - you are being way too hard on yourself.
cindyann said... (4/20/08 11:40 AM) Reply
I think they're very attractive, Renee! Thanks for the review.
Diane E said... (4/20/08 11:38 AM) Reply
These are absolutely beautiful pants and I love the great neutral shade you selected. Absolutely seasonless! Thanks for the tip on the length. I must make a pair for myself!
Christina Sonja said... (4/20/08 11:14 AM) Reply
oopsie
Barbara V said... (4/20/08 10:41 AM) Reply
These look fantastic, very flattering on you. I appreciate your tips and reference to Sigrid's pocket tutorial. Thanks, Barbara
Elke said... (4/20/08 9:14 AM) Reply
They look good to me!
Lori V said... (4/20/08 8:06 AM) Reply
Victoria's Secret, that is just too funny and so true. The pants look great and the fit is fantastic.
blue mooney said... (4/20/08 8:02 AM) Reply
Good-looking britches! Love that style, love the low release on that pleat.
Peggy L said... (4/20/08 7:43 AM) Reply
Those are great looking pants!
madhatter said... (4/20/08 7:00 AM) Reply
they are perfect - as usually! no tree trunk in sight, you look stunning in them!
trinicity said... (4/20/08 6:16 AM) Reply
these came out great and fit even better
PegL said... (4/20/08 6:14 AM) Reply
Great looking pants! Don't be so hard on yourself -- your pants look much better than a lot of higher end RTW! Fun review to read too!
CarolynGM said... (4/20/08 5:41 AM) Reply
Fabulous fit. Excellent work on your first pair of pants -- using a challenging pattern at that. I see lots more pants in your sewing future.
inkstain said... (4/20/08 5:21 AM) Reply
Victoria's secrets out! that's a good one! I like these pants, and think that as with all straight or wide-leg trousers, they'll look great with a heel rather than flats. I too suffer from "fear of The Fly," and applaud your growing skills in that direction. Great seeing your latest, DLK
Sew4Fun said... (4/20/08 1:42 AM) Reply
Lovely pants! Practice will make perfect on the sewing side and I'm sure you have plenty of fabric to practice on. :) Anyone who notices any wonky sewing is standing FAR too close. LOL!
ElsaD said... (4/20/08 1:21 AM) Reply
You're funny, Cidell. Love the Victoria Secret comment. Your pants look great.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/20/08 1:20 AM) Reply
Great looking pants on you, you are too hard on yourself. Thanks for pocket tutorial, I traced out pattern last year but was stumped going any further, thanks for review, pants look super.
Christina Sonja said... (4/20/08 1:13 AM) Reply
Woo-hoo! I'm cheering and clapping because you finished a pair of very nice pants. Practice makes perfect so your next pair will be even better.
CynthiaSue said... (4/20/08 0:58 AM) Reply
LOL (victoria's secret comment). I'M tired of seeing my OWN underwear and pulling it out of my crotch from low waisted tight jeans!! Great job wearing beige and looking fab as usual. Beige bottoms make most people look fat. I agree, the construction looks very nice, nothing homemade about it!
MelissaB in WA said... (4/20/08 0:36 AM) Reply
Great googly moogly - have you been watch Maggie & The Ferocious Beast???? lol Love the pants, they look fantastic to me. :-)
Athene said... (4/20/08 0:32 AM) Reply
You look long and lean in these pants - a great look. Also thank you for the tip on Sigrid's pocket tutorial - it was very interesting.
cindy-lou said... (4/20/08 0:07 AM) Reply
Renee, they look gorgeous. Nothing wrong with your skill set, girl!

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2005-102