Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4721 (Lizzie Mcguire Dresses & hat)

Reviewed by:Sew Confused

About Sew Confusedstar
Member since: 7/13/07
Posted on:4/30/08 1:46 AM
Last Updated:8/25/08 0:16 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Annette1 said... (8/27/08 2:58 AM) Reply
This is just as cute as it can be. Love the "model's" picture, too. :o)
Meggie LuLu said... (4/30/08 7:21 PM) Reply
That is ADORABLE!!!! I love your fabric choice!!!! This pattern was what my mom sewed for the flower girl outfits at my older sister's wedding (yours is so much more colorful).
Kellie R. said... (4/30/08 7:55 AM) Reply
This is just beautiful Paula! The seam finishing is outstanding work! I love the pretty fabric and colors and I would have been surprised also by the contrast being appliqued. You did a great job on it! Just gorgeous!
solosmocker said... (4/21/08 11:10 AM) Reply
Paula, you know I just think your dress is wonderful and that you have done a fabulous job with the hemstitching. Glad I was able to "egg you on" a bit. I love the sparkle of the fabric and missed that detail earlier. Great review too! Bunny
chrisquilts_2 said... (4/21/08 9:52 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have some spring green eyelet sitting out and was looking at the pattern last night. Now I may reconsider the one using the contrast band. I was thinking of using white eyelet as a contrast band and white on the straps and I don't know. thanks again for the heads up.
Gecko said... (4/21/08 9:34 AM) Reply
This looks great! It does look like an expensive boutique dress. I'm going to have to go dig this pattern out!
HeyJane said... (4/21/08 8:00 AM) Reply
Loved reading your blog and details about the hemstitching....I agree there's lots of pretty possibilities for it on summer blouses! Now I must order a wing needle, thanks for enabling. :)
addicted2fabric said... (4/21/08 5:56 AM) Reply
This dress is sooo pretty, I love the hem detail and will certainly remember that for future use. You have made a beautiful job of it. I have made this pattern. I made the variation with the godets. I made the main dress in pale purple with little white spots and the godets where in matching pale purple with white stripes. It looked really nice and I recommend it too.
Heatherrique said... (4/21/08 1:46 AM) Reply
Very captivating dress and so nicely constructed! Super review! I have this pattern and made one of the other views. You inspired me to try this version with confidence! Thanks Paula!
CA Eisenhour said... (4/21/08 0:24 AM) Reply
Lovely dress, great work on the hemstitching; I've got to try that sometime. Thanks for the very informative review. ~Connie
CynthiaSue said... (4/20/08 11:16 PM) Reply
This is an EXCELLENT review. The hemstitching is soooo beautiful and makes it look like a 300 dollar children's dress from a fancy boutique childrens store! I will definitely be adding this technique into my repoitoir(sp?) of sewing skills. And the people who skipped over this review because it is childrens' wear ( I know these don't get as many hits) seriously missed out!! Just think what hemstitching could do to a beautiful white stylish blouse! Thanks again!
Leora said... (4/20/08 9:01 PM) Reply
Wow! This dress is super adorable. I'm sure she'll feel special when she wears this dress!!
Gold said... (4/20/08 8:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!!Great job!
Mahler said... (4/20/08 8:09 PM) Reply
I have seen that fabric, what a lovely choice. Your perseverance paid at the end. The finalt result is very pretty.
Sew Confused said... (4/20/08 11:29 AM) Reply
Yes, that's glitter. ;-)
cabinbaby said... (4/20/08 10:26 AM) Reply
Cute dress! Is that glitter I see on the zipper photo? All girls like glitter!!
lynda828 said... (4/20/08 8:44 AM) Reply
You've done a great job I bet your granddaughter feels like a million dollars. I still remember the dresses my nana made me were the best ever.

by: MinaLMcGra...