Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Drafted from RTW> 000001 (My favorite t-shirt)

Reviewed by:Twinset

About Twinsetstarstarstarstar
QC Canada
Member since: 9/15/07
Posted on:7/28/09 7:14 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 28 people
Mahler said... (8/24/09 1:14 PM) Reply
Superbe madame ! Your fine tuning sessions worked wnderfully ! Hope summer was nice in Québec city.
Barbara V said... (8/4/09 11:51 PM) Reply
I love your top. Nice job creating it from RTW. You encourage to do same to a RTW top that I really like and know will wear out soon. Thanks!
Catbird said... (7/30/09 9:36 AM) Reply
I love both of these! That unusual 'V' design adds so much style and gives these a truly high-end look. I am so impressed with what you've done and with your determination to keep going until you'd achieved what you wanted. Wow, did that ever pay off! And by the way, I'm kind of glad the gathers didn't work out because this design is so sleek and beautiful. Do you have a photo of yourself in the original T-shirt? I'd be curious to see what the gathers looked like. Thank you for an inspiring review -- it's going into my favorites file!
beth5646 said... (7/29/09 8:10 PM) Reply
Wow--what a great review. I too am going to book mark this page--Thanks for all the info.
MHW said... (7/29/09 6:09 PM) Reply
Excellent review - thanks! I have a top I'd like to try to copy so I think I'll keep your notes on hand for inspiration.
grey ann said... (7/29/09 10:54 AM) Reply
Looks great. Persistence pays off! Thanks for the tip on self lining cap sleeves. I hate messy narrow hems - nothing screams 'home-made' more than sloppy hem/topstitching.
Christas said... (7/29/09 9:56 AM) Reply
What very classy looking t-shirts. You have done an excellent job of replicating your top. Both versions look wonderful! Dixie is very pretty!
Elke said... (7/29/09 9:51 AM) Reply
Great looking top, especially the V-neck and cap sleeves. Thanks for the tips and photos!
Denise L Perry said... (7/29/09 7:21 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review. The tips and technique are so helpful!
Karla Kizer said... (7/29/09 6:54 AM) Reply
That really is The Perfect Tee. That neckline finish is great and I'm going to have to try copying it. Congratulations on producing great shirts. The review is excellent, too.
donna mel said... (7/29/09 6:35 AM) Reply
wonderful review. thanks!
SpinningJenny said... (7/29/09 6:22 AM) Reply
These t-shirts look wonderful on you - so simple but so stylish. I agree that the cap sleeves really make for a flattering silhouette. Thank you for this great review.
Twinset said... (7/29/09 3:01 AM) Reply
To Shellia and those who might be interested: Dixie the dog is a 7 months old Polish Shepherd (Berger polonais in french)
kerrynw said... (7/29/09 2:41 AM) Reply
Cute tshirts and cute dog!
Vellela said... (7/29/09 0:16 AM) Reply
Thank you for an amazing review. I have always been a little frightened of trying to rip off RTW but I might just give it a go. The T-shirts are fabulous you should be very proud. Ps love the puppy:)
doctorsirena said... (7/28/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for your very helpful review with lots of photos. I like the lined cap sleeves, unique V-neck treatment and decorative stitching - should be fairly easy to use with basic T-shirt patterns. I have also been considering copying my favorite RTW T-shirt. Very nice tops!
Raye Ann said... (7/28/09 11:17 PM) Reply
these are beautiful! no, you certainly do not need to buy any more RTW designer t-shirts! thank you for so much detail. i want to make YOUR shirt!! (your dog is adorable, too!!)
Shellia said... (7/28/09 10:44 PM) Reply
Lovely tee and beautiful dog! Is that a Great Pyrenees?
Deepika said... (7/28/09 10:35 PM) Reply
That V neck is amazing. I've never seen anything like it. Now I want YOUR pattern :) Seriously. Thanks for sharing.
angie.a said... (7/28/09 10:21 PM) Reply
Great review, and fabulous tee.
carolynw said... (7/28/09 10:02 PM) Reply
Way to go - this is so nice - love the tee and love your dog!!
RMJ said... (7/28/09 8:53 PM) Reply
Nice detailed review, and great looking dog!
JudiBee2 said... (7/28/09 8:24 PM) Reply
That's really nice. I can see why you would want to copy it rather than try to find one that fits. Funny how you said that you made self lined sleeves, as I was just thinking that I ought to do that with capped sleeves. As you added so much information, I am going to bookmark this so I can come back to study it. Thanks for taking the time to present this to this site.

by: Lori V