Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5302 (City Dress)

Reviewed by:mudcat

About mudcatstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/17/02
Posted on:6/9/03 2:11 AM
Last Updated:3/18/04 8:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
SouthernStitch said... (3/18/04 9:18 PM) Reply
Wow Alice you are on a roll! Loving all these clothes you are making for the contest. My fave is the pink linen!
AnneM said... (9/1/03 4:34 PM) Reply
Come sempre, molto bella. Mi piacce il sue stoffe, ed un uso creativo del modello. (In theory, I just said: As always, very pretty. I like your fabrics, and it is a creative use of the pattern. I had to rely heavily on my dictionary for this, but since you had mentioned studying Italian I figured I would get fancy.)
Lisa Laree said... (9/1/03 7:48 AM) Reply
Isn't this just the most versatile pattern? I think I have about four tops from view B and plans for more. The sleeveless version is soooo simple! And I LOVE your cross-dye top! I trimmed the neckline out a bit (5/8" all around, if I remember right) the first time I made the dress and have just used that -- no problems getting the dress/tops on, but the neckline isn't quite as it looks on the envelope. Thanks for sharing the tip about the bias tape, too.
CarolynGM said... (9/1/03 6:23 AM) Reply
I really like this pattern but haven't gotten it yet because I'm a little put off by all the reviews that say it is hard to get over the head, especially when made with wovens. Would it work to add a CB seam and a zipper when using wovens with sleeves? I love the dress but I don't think I would like struggling to pull it over my head.
Ann C said... (6/30/03 1:34 PM) Reply
I think your adaptation of this dress pattern to a sleeveless top is clever. And you have an attractive result.
SouthernStitch said... (6/10/03 3:27 PM) Reply
I was thinking about drop waist dresses yesterday, and here is a great review! Thanks, glad to see they are still out there, I really like this look! Think I'll pick this one up!
Tonia Van Dyk said... (6/9/03 4:04 PM) Reply
Very nice job! I love the fabric. I'll have to try the City Dress/Top too.
PhyllisC said... (6/9/03 2:24 PM) Reply
The whimsical fabric is just perfect. Nice job mudcat!
Lisa Laree said... (6/9/03 10:56 AM) Reply
I love the City Dress pattern! I haven't tried the v-neck version, though...but you've inspired me to at least try it as a top! I'll make sure to check the hem on the sleeve before I cut it out....

Islander Sewing Systems Men's City Western Shirt Pattern