Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9891 (Costumes - LOTR inspired)

Reviewed by:Roxxygrl

About Roxxygrlstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/1/04
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:4/22/08 6:13 AM
Last Updated:4/22/08 6:13 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes

Sweater knit fabrics

wvsher said... (4/24/08 11:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review -- it looks like a fun pattern to sew up. I'm impressed you were able to make it when you were still a beginner.
Roxxygrl said... (4/23/08 5:31 AM) Reply
Svetlana, I would love to see the photo's of the dresses, they sound devine. Maybe I can take a shot of mine on a coat hanger and upload. I will see.
svetlana said... (4/22/08 10:39 PM) Reply
I/ we (my sewing partner and I)have made 4 of these on the same view. We used them for the drum majors for the field show this year. The theme was Medusa and the drum majors were Sirens. We felt that the sleeves looked sort of like wings. The girls loved them. We used a polyester satin for 2 of them and a satiny spandex for the other 2. We used filmy chiffon for the sleeves and neck finishes. They were pretty easy to assemble and nothing funky about the instructions. We used a fake french seam on the sleeve using the serger, or I guess more properly a serged french seam. When I finally get my pictures developed, I will post them. One word of warning, the shoulder/neckline is pretty broad and between the weight of the sleeves and all the arm movement of directing, we ended up sewing in a ribbon to tie them up in the back. It also didn't help that the head drum major lost 20 pounds from the time we took all the measurementsthe end of July and the final performance at the end of October. We were having to alter it every other week during marching season.
dbsewer said... (4/22/08 11:51 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and would love to see a photo of your finished project.

Twinkle Sews On The Sidelines