Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics
SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login
J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9891 (Costumes - LOTR inspired)

24 more reviews
Viewed 251 times 
Reviewed by:Roxxygrl
Friend of PR

About Roxxygrlstar
Member since: 6/1/04
Reviews: 5 (patterns: 4)
Skill level:Beginner
Favored by: 1 people
Report a problem with this review
Posted on:4/22/08 6:13 AM
Last Updated:4/22/08 6:13 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people   
See other patterns in this category: Costumes    
To read this review, please Login. Only registered members can read reviews written more than 6 months ago.
<< Previous      Next >>
4 Comments      Login to Add a Comment
wvsher said... (4/24/08 11:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review -- it looks like a fun pattern to sew up. I'm impressed you were able to make it when you were still a beginner.
Roxxygrl said... (4/23/08 5:31 AM) Reply
Svetlana, I would love to see the photo's of the dresses, they sound devine. Maybe I can take a shot of mine on a coat hanger and upload. I will see.
svetlana said... (4/22/08 10:39 PM) Reply
I/ we (my sewing partner and I)have made 4 of these on the same view. We used them for the drum majors for the field show this year. The theme was Medusa and the drum majors were Sirens. We felt that the sleeves looked sort of like wings. The girls loved them. We used a polyester satin for 2 of them and a satiny spandex for the other 2. We used filmy chiffon for the sleeves and neck finishes. They were pretty easy to assemble and nothing funky about the instructions. We used a fake french seam on the sleeve using the serger, or I guess more properly a serged french seam. When I finally get my pictures developed, I will post them. One word of warning, the shoulder/neckline is pretty broad and between the weight of the sleeves and all the arm movement of directing, we ended up sewing in a ribbon to tie them up in the back. It also didn't help that the head drum major lost 20 pounds from the time we took all the measurementsthe end of July and the final performance at the end of October. We were having to alter it every other week during marching season.
dbsewer said... (4/22/08 11:51 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and would love to see a photo of your finished project.
adv. search»
pattern | machine | member
Online Class
Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Class Details

Online Class
Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Class Details

McCall's 6404

by: velosewer

Simplicity 2964

by: sewnaomi

Petite Plus Patterns Easy Wrap Dress

Petite Plus Patterns Easy Wrap Dress

Pattern Details
Favorite Things Little Hip Skirts Pattern

Favorite Things Little Hip Skirts Pattern

Pattern Details