Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Favorite Things> 55 (Everyday Bag)

Reviewed by:kjcaron

About kjcaronstar
CT United States
Member since: 6/7/07
Posted on:4/28/08 8:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Mrs. Columbo said... (5/2/09 11:12 PM) Reply
I am partway through making this bag. I thought it would be bigger from what others have said but I'm used to carrying a large purse anyway so this was just right for me. I find everyone's review of this bag so helpful as it's prevented a real beginner like me from making a bunch of mistakes. I'm making some changes in it as well .. Change is good :)
AnneM said... (5/8/08 7:47 PM) Reply
Nice bag. I generally try to keep my purses small as well, but at times a larger one is just what is needed. Meanwhile, your knitting will be very stylish.
W said... (5/5/08 5:21 PM) Reply
Your bag really came out well. I made myself two of these bags, and I use them all the time -- it's a great shaped bag.
Athene said... (5/3/08 1:57 AM) Reply
I have the pattern but have not tried it yet. Your bag turned out really good. I like your idea of using more quilting and batting - in the bag and especially in the handle - makes it much more comfortable on the shoulder or the hands when carrying lots of stuff in it.
Hilary said... (4/29/08 9:54 AM) Reply
This is such a pretty bag! I love the little changes you made. Thanks for all the pics!
kjcaron said... (4/29/08 8:26 AM) Reply
Thank you all for the nice words! As for the size of the bag, I read a few reviews that said the bag was huge. I didn't consider it huge. To me, the bag is only slightly bigger than I would like as a purse. But then, I couldn't manage with a tiny little purse. Purse size is a very personal thing.
Ronda Rae said... (4/29/08 6:10 AM) Reply
Great bag. I agree that it is bigger, too. I have one and keep telling myself that I need to make another but downsize it. I love the lines of this bag. Yours turned out really beautiful.
Lisanne said... (4/29/08 3:16 AM) Reply
This looks like a very useful bag Karen. Thanks for guiding us to this company, they have attractive designs.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/29/08 2:09 AM) Reply
Charming bag, Karen. This is the size bag I need every day of my life, but it will be a stylish carrier for your knitting projects, too. Your fabric selection is very pretty. Good luck in the Contest. -Lily
Peggy L said... (4/28/08 9:25 PM) Reply
You did a great job on this and I wouldn't have known you were a beginner. Love your fabric choice.

SewBaby Easy Appliqued Bibs Pattern