Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8497 (Marcy Tilton tops)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 22 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

CarolynGM said... (10/25/08 6:08 AM) Reply
Myrooks -- On the tan top, I used the suggested topstitching technique in the pattern: wide zigzag alternating with straight stitch. I used thread a shade or two lighter to make it stand out more; I was very pleased with the result. On the red top, I topstitched with a long straight stitch.
myrooks said... (10/24/08 8:54 AM) Reply
I just received this pattern and wanted to ask what topstitching treatment did you use and did you topstitch on your regular sewing machine? I really love the way your shirts turned out!
tenaya said... (7/20/08 12:59 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous! I must try this pattern, thanks for the great review!
lilyofthevalley said... (4/28/08 11:47 AM) Reply
Carolyn, these tops are so flattering on you that it's difficult to choose a favorite. I think the 'cafe au lait' has a slight edge for me. You have the perfect body type to showcase the assymetrical seaming, and you look just lovely in both of them. -Lily
cecelia said... (4/26/08 11:45 AM) Reply
I love both of these shirts on you, particularly the red one--it looks to be a good pattern.
2BSewing said... (4/26/08 7:56 AM) Reply
Great looking t-shirts. Thanks for providing the details on the sizing and tips/suggestions.
Noile said... (4/26/08 1:12 AM) Reply
Ohhh . . . beautiful! Everything mine wasn't, though I notice that neckband is still an issue, one way or another. Your shirts are just perfect!
carolynw said... (4/25/08 9:57 AM) Reply
Nice looking tops - so glad to see reviews of this before I cut mine out. Good to know it fits well and look good
Karine said... (4/24/08 5:09 PM) Reply
Love the tops. It's fun to see something a bit out of the ordinary. You certainly wear red well!
Luckylibbet said... (4/24/08 11:59 AM) Reply
Those tee's look marvelous! I think I need to get this pattern. Everybody who has reviewed has raved. I too need some summer tee's that are not boring, this certainly fits the bill.
nancy2001 said... (4/24/08 9:21 AM) Reply
Great looking tops.
Annette1 said... (4/23/08 7:59 PM) Reply
Well, I wish I could throw on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt and look as nice as you do! The details on these tops are "just enough" to add a little pizzaz. I love them!
blue mooney said... (4/23/08 7:11 PM) Reply
You are right, these are interesting Ts! Thanks for the close-up on the neck treatment. That's a nifty design feature.
Peggy L said... (4/23/08 6:49 PM) Reply
Carolyn - I like both of your tops. I like the neckband method you used. I'll try it on my next one. After making View B, I can't imagine using a very drapey fabric on these. BTW, if you made an 8 you are a teeny, tiny little thing!
marthamyers said... (4/23/08 4:07 PM) Reply
Wonderful results. Thanks for sharing.
sideseams said... (4/23/08 3:41 PM) Reply
Love your tops. I will indeed be buying this pattern soon.
MelC said... (4/23/08 2:43 PM) Reply
Thank you for bringing this pattern to my attention. I really like the View C on the pattern envelope. Your T's turned out great!
Nancy K said... (4/23/08 2:34 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern too because it was an non boring t. It looks great on you and I wondered if I could make this in my rayon jersey, thinking as you that it is perhaps too drapey. Thanks for the great review
Speech girl said... (4/23/08 1:21 PM) Reply
Your tops look great--I especially like the red one--really looks flattering on you.

Butterick 3523 OOP