Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5586 (Embellished Tunic)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
AL
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:4/24/08 0:26 AM
Last Updated:4/24/08 8:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
AlexaNJ said... (6/28/10 2:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful work, as always. Love it!
TJSEWS said... (3/11/10 9:39 PM) Reply
The top looks great on you. I like your idea of using the skinny belt.
homejewel said... (6/3/09 11:53 AM) Reply
Just now saw this review. I LOVE your top. It looks wonderful on you. Great choice on embellishments, too.
cmarie12 said... (4/25/08 11:01 AM) Reply
The embellishment really makes this top sing and elevates it above the norm! Great job!
solosmocker said... (4/24/08 10:16 PM) Reply
Lovely top and classy embellishment!
kim*brown said... (4/24/08 3:25 PM) Reply
Love the neckline!
Annette1 said... (4/24/08 2:43 PM) Reply
Classy! The fabric has a beautiful drape to it.
Kisha said... (4/24/08 1:34 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous. How did you secure the embellishments? Hand tack or glue?
Leora said... (4/24/08 1:34 PM) Reply
I wish they would change the pattern envelope from crafty to boutique (or something!) and add your pic. Great review!
loohoo44 said... (4/24/08 12:22 PM) Reply
Fabulous top Erica, very tastefully done embellishment.
jfddrsn said... (4/24/08 12:11 PM) Reply
I almost bought this pattern but passed because of the embellishments - Now I have to go back and get it! Love the belt with it. Thanks - great job, so cute.
lcavagnolo said... (4/24/08 11:17 AM) Reply
Great call on the embellishment! I couldn't think of the right ones for this pattern, but you even tied in the safari trend. And by the way, those new bangs are so sassy! :)
Karen6790 said... (4/24/08 10:47 AM) Reply
Great job with the embellishment - that's what always hangs me up. Love the top on you, and love the bangs!
Erica B. said... (4/24/08 9:38 AM) Reply
@ BillieJean: I decided to just go strapless and not worry about bra straps. @ Coolobreeze: I use a Brother 2340CV.
Dei said... (4/24/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Love it! You embellished it just right. I just bought the pattern and now I'm even more excited to make a few tops. Looking good, as always.
Lori V said... (4/24/08 8:28 AM) Reply
Great shirt and the embellishment is just right.
KrystalL said... (4/24/08 8:27 AM) Reply
Chic top! I really like the embellishment along the neckline.
Gold said... (4/24/08 7:53 AM) Reply
Youl ook great in this top!The color and the embellishment you used is fabulous!I like it with belt too.
Nancy K said... (4/24/08 7:51 AM) Reply
The top looks great. I have been looking for embellishment for top of my own and the prices at MJ even with the sale are ridiculous. I don't have a hobbyland, but I will head over to AC Moore and see if I can find something cheaper.
MissCelie said... (4/24/08 7:26 AM) Reply
Soooo, I haven't told you yet, but I l-o-v-e the bangs. this might also be the first embellishment treatment that I don't hate. I in fact like it. It's so much more classy and looks like it won't be dated in a few years. Neat-o! Great work (as always).
coolobreeze said... (4/24/08 6:43 AM) Reply
Erica, I really like everything about this top. It looks splendid on you. What brand of coverstitcher do you use and/or recommend?
BillieJean said... (4/24/08 6:10 AM) Reply
Really cute top Erica. My only issue would be bra straps. Do you have to wear a strapless bra with this?
LauraLo said... (4/24/08 3:11 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! Looks great with the wooden embellishment!
CynthiaSue said... (4/24/08 1:03 AM) Reply
the embellishments are perfect, they really raise the caliber of this boutique shirt.
Gelbean said... (4/24/08 0:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous shirt. You look fabulous! I have a similar pattern but haven't wanted to sew it yet because I'm a little intimidated by the hand sewing part. Perhaps I need to just go for it. Thanks for the review.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics