Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-8 (10 Gore Skirt and Underskirt)

Reviewed by:slanden99

About slanden99starstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 9/14/05
Posted on:4/24/08 1:13 AM
Last Updated:4/24/08 1:13 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
OP Gal said... (5/10/08 5:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt. I especially love the fabric, and the way the folds hang. I'm surprised that it works in the denim too, but it does. You're so lucky to have something fit right out of the envelope, so to speak. As for your dislike of petersham, it's available on the internet. It's not available here locally for me, either. I use it all the time and love it. I get it from The Sewing Place. They have it in every color. I even bought their color sample group since I use petersham exclusively, now.
Peggy L said... (4/27/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Cute skirts! I don't know any where we can get "real" petersham locally. I order it from The Sewing Place.
Nata said... (4/27/08 10:27 AM) Reply
Lovely skirts! I love the drapey look of the denim one: it's unusual to see drapey design in denim.
Kris32 said... (4/25/08 5:36 PM) Reply
Cute! I'll have to remember to follow your changes when I make this skirt. Thanks!
ryan's mom said... (4/25/08 6:49 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt! So spring-like too :) .
Heatherrique said... (4/25/08 0:55 AM) Reply
Superb skirt! I like the overall style and drape!
slanden99 said... (4/24/08 5:28 PM) Reply
Great idea nofuss. I'll definitely wear the denim one with boots in the winter. In the meantime it'll be paired with sandals. I think it's pretty versatile since I kept it plain.
wvsher said... (4/24/08 4:31 PM) Reply
Both are very pretty, especially the floral. Great job on them.
MelissaB in WA said... (4/24/08 11:42 AM) Reply
Cute skirts - I especially love the denim one.
pterion said... (4/24/08 10:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirts. I've been considering this pattern for summer skirts. Good idea to draft a facing. I tried the petersham on one of the other patterns from that issue and found it itchy.
nofuss said... (4/24/08 2:15 AM) Reply
Well done , LOVELY skirt, i have a RTW like the denim one, thinking of this design for winter to wear with boots - what do you think??
Gelbean said... (4/24/08 1:56 AM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. The fabric is very pretty. Thanks for the review.

Maggie Paper Pattern

Maggie Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)