Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 129027-1001 (from Sex in the City movie)

Reviewed by:anetJay

About anetJaystar
Member since: 3/13/08
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:4/24/08 3:05 PM
Last Updated:4/26/08 6:14 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

So So said... (4/30/08 6:08 PM) Reply
Agree with the others- a great knockoff, thanks for the detailed reveiw.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (4/28/08 4:49 PM) Reply
Great duplication of a cool bag! It's also nice that you kept and shared so many of the details.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/28/08 12:48 PM) Reply
Superb review for your fabulous red suede bag with roses. Whew! It takes my breath away, I'm so envious. And your rose making idea was ingenious. (If you cut and sewed this entirely in April, why aren't you entering it in the Handbag Contest? You have two more days to do so, and I think you should.) Lovely, Lily
ClaireC said... (4/27/08 8:47 AM) Reply
Now I want one!!! Cute, cute, cute...and very beautifully executed. Thank you for sharing your pattern. I might just be making one of these babies.
Annette1 said... (4/26/08 11:32 PM) Reply
WOW, I LOVE this! I think it's safe to say I would have NEVER thought of covering bobbers. :o) Just beautiful!
mylittleelephant said... (4/26/08 7:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful bag! Love the look of red suede, your daughter is lucky one as usual!
Johanna Lu said... (4/26/08 5:52 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute. And you drafted it yourself. I am very impressed!
anetJay said... (4/26/08 5:21 AM) Reply
mommietothree, i am going to edit the pattern review to include the cutting dimensions but the roses were really "hit or miss" . i actually used scrap cotton fabric to shape around and then cut out as a pattern. see edit above :)
anetJay said... (4/26/08 5:18 AM) Reply
thankyou for all of your kind comments :*) i guess we all have our tasting something and knowing how to duplicate the recipe. (which i cant do at all, my family laughs at my pitiful attempts at cooking )
mommietothree0 said... (4/25/08 11:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the dimensions. Only two more questions before I whip out the leather. What shape did you use for the petals? (oval?) Did you free form the pleats /tucks on the back and front? So incredibly genius about the bobbers. I showed by DH!
grouchy smurf said... (4/25/08 11:01 PM) Reply
I'm very new -- and so impressed and inspired by all of you. How in the WORLD do you know how to make a purse from a picture? That's AMAZING! I want to be able to do that one day!
nancy2001 said... (4/25/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Wonderful bag. And you didn't even use a pattern.
Mary Stiefer said... (4/25/08 10:55 AM) Reply
Beautifully done.
cindyann said... (4/25/08 7:55 AM) Reply
Fantastic. Great knockoff!
Karla Kizer said... (4/25/08 6:53 AM) Reply
I love it...and I will NOT be sending the link to this review to my DD, as I know what I would be doing next weekend. Congratulations on a wonderful project.
anetJay said... (4/25/08 4:46 AM) Reply
mommietothree, the bag body was a rectangle, about 10x16 (2x) a base 10x6 (1x) 2 handles 2x15 piping was about 32"x 1.75 and then trimmed (1x) inner tabs about 1x3 (4x) the lining piece are 7x16 (2x) the base 10x6 (1x) and the pockest were maybe...5x4 or so... ( cut 4x {2 for each pocket}) i used 2 magnetic snaps and the roses ...3 - 1 " fishing bobbers and a hot glue gun !!! hope this helps :)
mommietothree0 said... (4/24/08 11:17 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous! Any chance you would share your formula for making the pattern? I have a piece of red leather that would be great in this style.
kimmielovesparis said... (4/24/08 10:02 PM) Reply
Wow - can I say that I am so impressed and inspired. I love red...and I really love your purse. Great job.
Sic said... (4/24/08 5:03 PM) Reply
Wow! What a fabulous looking knock-off! Also, using the fishing bobbers was brilliant!
Leslie in Austin said... (4/24/08 4:54 PM) Reply
You are so clever with the fishing bobber roses!! The whole finished product is just beautiful!
lauraborealis said... (4/24/08 4:37 PM) Reply
I am floored... you did a beautiful job.
Leslie in NZ said... (4/24/08 4:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful purse. I would love to see more pictures and a close up of your flowers. Well Done!!

Japanese Pattern Books Happy Homemade Vol 1