Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2007-117 (blouse)

Reviewed by:lilyofthevalley

About lilyofthevalleystarstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 3/9/07
Posted on:4/26/08 5:01 PM
Last Updated:4/27/08 10:36 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

EveS said... (5/9/08 10:00 PM) Reply
You certainly did right by your nephew's gift! Absolutely lovely outfit, Lily. The fit is just perfect and your creative vision is incredible! As for BWOF's "instructional conclusions" - you have totally captured the essence of their so-called instructions...I will be remembering (and using...with due credit given, of course) that phrase in the future, you can bet! Hilarious.
QuiltersFan said... (5/6/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for another very helpful, detailed review. I love your outfit.
Sew Confused said... (5/4/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Lily, I love your beautifu ensemble; the fabric is too yummy and you look fabulous. Thanks for another great review.
patrica said... (5/3/08 8:14 PM) Reply
Stunning is the word. I just love to read your reviews. I also made this one or should I say attempted to, my fabric was not stretch. I really should have gone up a size as you did, but I thought I read a review some where that stated this blouse ran a bit big. Anyhow it just didn't fit. What a dissapointment. But having seen how lovely yours is I will try again.
Marji said... (5/2/08 11:47 PM) Reply
As always, you've created an exquisite ensemble. Your fabric is just gorgeous, your review style entertaining as well as informative, and your styling is fun. Keep 'em coming!
Big Dog said... (4/29/08 7:43 PM) Reply
Awesome, stunning, outstanding are just a few words that come to mind when I saw the pictures of this fantastic outfit. Your skills are remarkable and the way you pair fabric and pattern is perfection. And that gorgeous hair, love it styled that way.
CynthiaSue said... (4/28/08 8:50 PM) Reply
this is lovely. your auburn mane is quite gorgeous. Wear it proudly!
Sheila457 said... (4/28/08 3:12 PM) Reply
Fabulously Stunning!
3kids1036 said... (4/28/08 7:22 AM) Reply
I love your reviews and this one is no exception! FANTASTIC blouse! I love it.
Gelbean said... (4/28/08 5:20 AM) Reply
Lily, your reviews are always so helpful and your creations are gorgeous. You are so talented with incredible vision. I can't wait to see what you will create next.
anetJay said... (4/28/08 4:59 AM) Reply
Lily, i LOVE your reading your reviews...they are truly my favorites. Your suit is so beautiful. :) Great job !!! janet
Kbenco said... (4/27/08 11:54 PM) Reply
I very much enjoy reading your reviews and comments. Your outfit is gorgeous and wonderfully crafted and fitted, thank you for taking so much care to write another interesting and extremely helpful review.
utz said... (4/27/08 11:15 PM) Reply
Oh Lilly this is so beautiful and an inspiration. Your work is exquisite and reflects a keen mind. I learn so much from your reviews - thanks again for your generous review. Beautiful, beautiful!
SewLil said... (4/27/08 9:34 PM) Reply
Lily, you make the most beautiful things and your reviews are always fantastic. This one is no exception. Congratulations on another fabulous outfit!
SewFar said... (4/27/08 4:35 PM) Reply
Breathtakingly beautiful, Lily.
SewFar said... (4/27/08 4:32 PM) Reply

meli88a said... (4/27/08 4:22 PM) Reply
this is beautiful. The skirt is a wonderful design, too, that would look great in other fabrics. Thank you for sharing this outfit!
stitcheroo said... (4/27/08 2:17 PM) Reply
You've created quite a stir here on PR, with good reason. This ensemble has so many fine details and is such a sophisticated duo. Your craftsmanship is impeccable. Great, great job, as always. I so look forward to your reviews.
JMarie1962 said... (4/27/08 1:00 PM) Reply
Another stunning ensemble from you Lily. You're a vision in this lovely blouse and skirt. Wonderful... WOW!!
Dei said... (4/27/08 12:50 PM) Reply
Lovely! It suits your sparkle and sewing skills. Well done.
Heatherrique said... (4/27/08 11:51 AM) Reply
Lily, ooh la la, tres belle! I totally agree with everyone on the wonderful adjectives to describe your sewing and creations! What is amazing is that your reviews and creations reveal more than your exceptional talents: your uplifting, engaging, encouraging, and alluring persona!
Nancy K said... (4/27/08 11:24 AM) Reply
Wow this is wonderful, elegant ensemble and the review is just as good! Am I correct in assuming that you used the outer button band so that you could attach the ties, and then added a facing? In other words, you cut the button band at cf and added a sas? I envy you your drafting skills. Just great.
Stitchcakes said... (4/27/08 11:20 AM) Reply
People have often asked me if I mind being an only child, but I always know where all my shoes are. :-)
MissCelie said... (4/27/08 10:58 AM) Reply
Awesome job, terrificly detailed and funny review. You are a sewing and designing superstar!
Kellie R. said... (4/27/08 10:45 AM) Reply
Lily, I always enjoy looking at your work and reading your reviews. This dress is beautiful and outstanding in every way!
Trenessa said... (4/27/08 10:38 AM) Reply
This is a fabulous outfit! I just took a look at all the patterns you've reviewed and they are all awesome! You are so talented and I want to be just like you when I grow up :0)
DivaQ said... (4/27/08 10:05 AM) Reply
This is so beautiful! I love it! You look great!!!
Leora said... (4/27/08 9:55 AM) Reply
Absolutely perfect ensemble!
annie11 said... (4/27/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful ensemble! You achieved a perfect fit and the fabric is absolutely stunning. Thank you for the tips on adjusting the bust for this pattern.
crisford said... (4/27/08 8:47 AM) Reply
Oh my, this looks absolutely gorgeous. You are so inspiring--thanks for the great designer review!
ClaireC said... (4/27/08 8:33 AM) Reply
OMG!!! You just keep amazing me with your talent. Your outfit is stunning and elegant and you look fabulous, as usual.
ClaireC said... (4/27/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Deleting duplicate comment
ClaireC said... (4/27/08 8:31 AM) Reply
Danvillegirl said... (4/27/08 7:50 AM) Reply
Lovely ensemble! Love the fabric.
blue mooney said... (4/27/08 7:47 AM) Reply
Wow.
ryan's mom said... (4/27/08 7:42 AM) Reply
Lily, both skirt and blouse are gorgeous!!! What I really love is how you took this top and altered it for your "FBA". Very interesting how the traditional FBA doesn't work as well for you. It's amazing that I didn't notice you were full busted until you mentioned it and that is the beauty of your sewing and fitting skills--everything looks perfectly proportioned. Your self-drafted skirt is divine!
ITAdmin said... (4/27/08 7:35 AM) Reply
Another beautiful outfit. I like the blouse pattern, but I truly love your skirt.
Beek said... (4/27/08 6:21 AM) Reply
Hilarious and informative. What fun it is to read your posts, Lily. And what a gorgeous ensemble.
Karen8320 said... (4/27/08 5:36 AM) Reply
Lily, everything about this oozes class and sophistication. This truly is a magnificent piece of work and it's obvious we are all impressed. The fabric is just stunning and I love the skirt. It's a perfect match for the blouse. Your review is terrific as well - sufficiently detailed with advice and all of your extra photos give us such a thorough insight into your sewing journey. Good luck with the contest!
mylittleelephant said... (4/27/08 5:20 AM) Reply
Your whole outfit is THE sophistication, all alternations which aren't obvious to onlookers but they are the key to the great fit, and beautiful collars and neat pattern pieces ( I will never show mine )! Thanks for mentioning interfacing, choosing right interfacing can be confusing sometimes ( to me ) and good to know what and how people use it, oh, and you have a lovely generous and considerate nephew, everyone should have someone like that!
Lori V said... (4/27/08 4:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and skirt.
Athene said... (4/27/08 3:38 AM) Reply
Lily you look absolutely beautiful. The blouse and skirt are gorgeous. I'm sure your nephew will be thrilled to see the wonderful outfit you made with the fabric he so wisely chose for you.
lynda828 said... (4/27/08 3:18 AM) Reply
Thank you for such an informative review I never would have guessed your bra size LOL you look so slim and gorgeous your outfit is divine I love the shirt I've gotta get that Burda mag - every pattern has real flair. Oh and I like your hair with mine would grow!!
rivergum said... (4/27/08 3:02 AM) Reply
Wow, that looks fabulous on you Lily. Very very classy! I love your choice of fabrics.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/27/08 2:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful ensemble, the silk is perfect for the style.Fantastic reference review, so detailed !!. And BTW you hair is lovely.
pelli78500 said... (4/27/08 2:08 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! The skirt is perfect for the blouse! Your review of the entire process was a virtual booklet! Thanks!
Schnauzer said... (4/27/08 1:49 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous ensemble Lily! I love it!
ajax said... (4/27/08 1:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful outfit and you look lovely - including the hair! I look forward to your detailed reviews and the stunning creations you come up with every time.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (4/27/08 0:11 AM) Reply
Fabulous outfit, I love that blouse pattern and it's great to see it in a more formal gorgeous silk fabric. The skirt design goes with it perfectly. Thank you for the very detailed review.
GollyGolly said... (4/26/08 11:56 PM) Reply
Oh Lily, it is really just so beautiful. Your nephew purchased perfect fabric for you and this seems to be the perfect pattern to go with the perfect fabric and it makes such a perfect ensemble for you, which leads us right back where we started from. Oh Lily, it is really just so beautiful!!!! Gail
Riordan said... (4/26/08 11:12 PM) Reply
Truly gorgeous--you and the lovely garments!! Exquisite work!
Mermie said... (4/26/08 11:07 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous. Very good review.
gotpeace91 said... (4/26/08 10:48 PM) Reply
Hi Lily! What a treat to see another review from you! I love this beautiful outfit. You did such an excellent job. The color is so pretty and I love the buttons you chose. I wish I could add a little of your F to my A hee hee. I think your idea of the pleats on the skirt was great. They do balance your lovely figure. Too bad about the shoes but I think the ones you used are gorgeous. I think your hair is real pretty. I love the color of it. You are so talented. I think you must really love to sew! I hope you win!
Annette1 said... (4/26/08 10:45 PM) Reply
Oh, Lily, what a stunning ensemble. The fit is PERFECT, as expected, and that fabric is SOOOOOOO pretty. I particularly admire your ability to figure out a full-bust adjustment for that pattern! I'd still be sitting there scratching my head. And speaking of heads, you hair is beautiful, up OR down! :o)
carolynw said... (4/26/08 10:38 PM) Reply
Really am stumped for words - astonishingly beautiful, wonderful and just simply over the top - think I sound like Bruno from Dancing with the Stars but you will get the drift!! Bravo!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (4/26/08 10:36 PM) Reply
Lilly, your ensemble is outstanding. It is beautifully made and looks great on you. Thank you for the excellent review on your fabulous creation.
pterion said... (4/26/08 10:11 PM) Reply
A very lovely ensemble. The review is wonderful and I appreciate all the extra views. Especially interesting to see the pattern pieces (I like that you drew a diagram of the finished skirt on it - that's smart).
Peggy L said... (4/26/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for taking the time to write such an informative review. Absolutely beautiful blouse and skirt. Its very flattering.
solosmocker said... (4/26/08 9:55 PM) Reply
Excellent review. Your outfit is stunning, very flattering too! You dealt with the size F FBA very nicely. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
Mahler said... (4/26/08 9:36 PM) Reply
Lily, superbe is sufficient to describe the outfit. Absolutely made for is my comment for the look, and excellent review for the rest. Bravo !
Mufffet said... (4/26/08 9:15 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful. Excellently done as usual. Your skirt design is so lovely. Everything about this ensemble is perfect.
Ingiepops said... (4/26/08 8:59 PM) Reply
WOW!! I really enjoyed reading your review and am amazed by your fantastic sewing prowess! I never have to do a FBA but still found it really useful reading what you did; I'd have had no idea!!! The whole outfit is stunning and I love the skirt you made as well. Great detailed review, I might even be inspired to sew this blouse after reading your review.
Sew4Fun said... (4/26/08 8:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse in a gorgeous silk which is so flattering on you. The collar sits beautifully. Great photos of you too and I love your hair down like this! It looks like a good hair day to me and makes you look younger. Is that enough to convince you? :-) Good luck with the contest.
bluenines said... (4/26/08 8:20 PM) Reply
WOW !! Beautiful outfit, I love the color , thanks for all of the photos and the detailed review
hongkongshopper said... (4/26/08 8:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful. The only thing I was thinking when looking at all those great photos is....she needs nicer shoes for this ensemble...but you answered that..lol!
Kay Y said... (4/26/08 7:53 PM) Reply
Simply gorgeous! You and your primordial hair! (others are envious...)
Erica B. said... (4/26/08 7:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse!
papago said... (4/26/08 7:14 PM) Reply
Lily- You are so very talented. Your silk ensemble is breathtaking. I always enjoy your very thorough reviews and comments to others. Your fabric is so well suited to your finished product. I also love your shoes, even if Evil Sister took your preferred shoes. Laura
AnneM said... (4/26/08 7:10 PM) Reply
Wonderful, elegant outfit. What a fun blouse. I really like the skirt details. The pattern piece picture is very useful, I think. Great review as well as a great outfit.
TrixieD said... (4/26/08 7:01 PM) Reply
You've created a stunning outfit, and the detail is so helpful. I plan on making the blouse soon and will return to your review for tips.
Barbara V said... (4/26/08 6:58 PM) Reply
I am totally impressed with your beautiful outfit and review and enjoyed reading all the details of design and construction. How nice that your nephew thought to get this gorgeous fabric for you. You are very inspiring!
cabinbaby said... (4/26/08 6:54 PM) Reply
I've been waiting for another fantastic lilyofthevalley review and here it is. This outfit was worth the wait too! Perfect!
JenniferBee said... (4/26/08 6:34 PM) Reply
Fabulous outfit, love everything about it especially your skirt treatment. Thank you for such a comprehensive review.
HeyJane said... (4/26/08 6:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful ! You are surely ready for a garden party. Informative review...I like your blouse button change...why put buttons where they won't be used ! and the top looks so much 'cleaner'. Very pretty ensemble.
Bonnie O said... (4/26/08 6:30 PM) Reply
What a fabulous adaptation of this pattern! I always love your creations and this one is certainly no exception! I made this in a simple white stretch cotton and love it. Seeing your elegant version makes me think of trying another one.
Karen6790 said... (4/26/08 6:26 PM) Reply
Wow. Lovely silk ensemble is right. You did an amazing job with this and it's a beautiful look on you. I hope you get enough spring to wear it soon.
CarolynGM said... (4/26/08 6:24 PM) Reply
Wow -- I wish I could coax fabric as well as you can. As for the skirt length, I was admiring your chosen length before I read the part where you said it was experimental. You ensemble is amazing as is your detailed review.
Aixoise said... (4/26/08 6:16 PM) Reply
Your idea about the skirt pleat detail and length was inspired. The outfit is very becoming. Beautiful work, and thanks for the informative, entertaining review.
sew2little said... (4/26/08 6:15 PM) Reply
You are an artist! This ensemble is truly elegant as well as being beautifully conceived and contstructed.
cmarie12 said... (4/26/08 6:14 PM) Reply
This is the first time that I've seen this blouse and thought "OHMYGOSH" Its A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! What a great interpretation! Love the skirt too.
Winifred said... (4/26/08 6:12 PM) Reply
You have made this outfit beautifully and put in a great deal of work. Whilst I fully understand your dislike of sleeves riding up too high when lifting your arm, I do think the sleeve looks too long, perhaps a little untidy when hanging down. Would there be a halfway house somewhere?
Kris O said... (4/26/08 5:49 PM) Reply
Very nice outfit and review. Thanks for all the details and photos.
Meggie LuLu said... (4/26/08 5:22 PM) Reply
WOW!!!! You did an excellent job!!!!
SarahSM said... (4/26/08 5:14 PM) Reply
That's so elegant! The two pieces go perfectly together!

Jalie 2565