Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1029 (Michael Kors)

Reviewed by:Marita Kinnula

About Marita Kinnulastar

Posted on:5/3/08 8:52 AM
Last Updated:5/3/08 11:34 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

AnneM said... (2/10/11 5:29 PM) Reply
I loved this dress from when I 1st saw the pattern & I regret not getting getting it! Love your version.
SouzanA said... (2/24/09 5:57 PM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous! I think the longer length actually makes it look better -- more elegant. Thank you for the review.
LizzM26 said... (10/20/08 5:15 PM) Reply
Wow! Stunning!
mollyshark said... (5/7/08 7:05 PM) Reply
I just tried on the 12 in my mockup with no type of FBA at all (how could I?). Fit perfectly. Stretchy material anyway and it doesn't look, well you know, in the slightest. May narrow the neck a tiny bit in the real thing since I have narrow shoulders, but it went together in a breeze. Will finish the skirt and start on the real thing.
Marita Kinnula said... (5/7/08 5:06 PM) Reply
First of all, Ladies, thank you very much for all the lovely comments<3 Mollyshark, DD's measurements would've required a size 10, but since I well know how much ease there usually is in Vogue patterns I had no hesitation whatsoever in cutting the size six for her, she's a b-cup and the top part is a little loose, but not in a bad way, not a bad idea to make a mock-up. Marita
mollyshark said... (5/7/08 1:36 PM) Reply
I'm in the process of making this dress. Doing a mockup first with the real one to follow shortly. Definitely will be a wearable muslin, but not a formal a fabric. I'm a 36DD so my hesitation is on the top. About to try on muslin top before I deal with the skirt. If all goes well (meaning looks as good as yours) I'll post it. Yours is magnificent.
Danvillegirl said... (5/4/08 7:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful red dress. You look stunning.
Clareew said... (5/4/08 5:24 AM) Reply
Fabulous
Athene said... (5/4/08 4:01 AM) Reply
The dress is beautiful. I have the pattern and was hoping someone would review it soon. Thank you so much for the review - it gives me encouragement.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/4/08 0:21 AM) Reply
Absolutely to die for!!! This is one spectacular dress.
ColorMeHome said... (5/4/08 0:13 AM) Reply
Talk about a perfect fit! Beautiful job!
Karen6790 said... (5/3/08 9:02 PM) Reply
This looks SO much better than I expected from the pattern envelope. I'm still not giving Michael Kors points on this one - I think it's the combination of sewist and model here that make it such a great dress. Love the color.
cabinbaby said... (5/3/08 1:26 PM) Reply
It's the butt-runch dress!! I've been waiting for this to be reviewed! It looks perfect on her. Thank you for tackling this dress and showing us how beautiful it can be!
Twinset said... (5/3/08 12:51 PM) Reply
Va va voom! This is a hot red dress! Fantastic! Wonderful on your DD.
MasoumaRose said... (5/3/08 12:13 PM) Reply
Oh wow! this turned out wonderfully! The picture on the cover of the envelope is not flattering, but your daughter looks great! Great job! i'm glad that you made this up.
Irene said... (5/3/08 12:06 PM) Reply
Stunning! Your DD has lovely taste and a great sense of what she can wear with pizzaz!
Kay Y said... (5/3/08 12:03 PM) Reply
Wow! Your DD is the perfect model for this incredible dress.
Marita Kinnula said... (5/3/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Connie, I have to admit that I had my reservations about it too, but DD kept talkin' of it all the time so I thought, why not, let's see how it comes out. Thank you ladies for the lovely comments.
Kaitlinnegan said... (5/3/08 11:57 AM) Reply
I'm with ConnieBJ - I thought this would look awful on a real person, but it looks fabulous on your DD! Just gorgeous!
ConnieBJ said... (5/3/08 11:50 AM) Reply
Adorable!! And to think we all turned up our noses at that pattern! We were wrong, your daughter looks terrific!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/3/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress Marita, fits her beautifully, tres chic !
Maychi said... (5/3/08 11:05 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress, Marita! It's nice (and, unfortunately, rare) when garments fit straight out of the envelope.

Lutterloh XL-XXL #11