Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2908 (misses panties)

Reviewed by:Leora

About Leorastar
Member since: 2/7/04
Posted on:5/3/08 8:37 PM
Last Updated:5/3/08 8:37 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Miss Fairchild said... (5/15/08 8:41 AM) Reply
ooolala! These are gorgeous! And I love the choice of fabric. The lace at the top is really cute; I think I'll start doing that with mine, too. Although I make mine from a self drafted (unbelievably easy) pattern from Karen Morris' book, I think the KwikSew ones are pretty stylish. Isn't it nice to spend so little for a pair of undies? Another tip..if you search the bargain bin at Joann's after Halloween or Christmas, you can find some nice fabric for $1.00 a yard. My favorite pair is a lavender panne velvet with glitter.
lilyofthevalley said... (5/4/08 5:08 PM) Reply
Pretty panties, Leora, and a wonderful use of your bits of leftover fabric. I've never tried making panties but am thinking about it, so it's good to know that I should plan on practicing a bit before I 'get the hang' of it. Lovely, Lily
michellep74 said... (5/4/08 12:27 PM) Reply
Very cute! I've been saving my knit scraps for this....hopefully, you'll motivate me to finally get cutting!
fuzzygalore said... (5/4/08 12:14 PM) Reply
I like your idea of using up t-shirt scraps for panties. It's not like I really use scraps for anything better in practice :-). But I think I'd do it right after the t-shirt, so the thread is already the right color and the serger adjusted for that fabric.
carolynw said... (5/4/08 8:13 AM) Reply
These look good - at the price I now have to pay for panties at the store am seriously considering making my own so thanks for the helpful review of this pattern.
Peggy L said... (5/3/08 10:54 PM) Reply
Very cute - and I see they match your new top. Aren't you the clever one? What a great idea to cut them out and wait until you have a stack to sew at one time. I keep saying I am going to make panties with my leftovers but it hasn't happened yet.