Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5876

Posted on:5/4/08 8:10 PM
Last Updated:5/4/08 8:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
FromHeadToFoot said... (6/14/14 10:32 AM) Reply
I totally agree with all of the positive comments posted above. Have you worn this dress again since your event in '08? Do you feel like you would if you had a similarly fancy event? The dress is still a timeless beauty in '14.
thimbledore said... (4/27/11 9:49 AM) Reply
This is SO beautiful. I can't stop admiring it!
petra said... (5/22/08 5:23 AM) Reply
Kelly, I think that the flounce took about 2 yds, they are curved not straight. I bought the pattern off Ebay, so try searching there. It would make a great basis for a wedding dress.
kellyz said... (5/21/08 1:02 PM) Reply
I need this pattern for my wedding dress...where did you find or could you give me some tips on how it was made. My seamstress was wanting to know how much yardage it took to make the ruffles and whether they were cut in straight strips or curved strips...any insight? Desperately, Kellyz
squirrellypoo said... (5/6/08 3:25 AM) Reply
Wow this is gorgeous!! I love your colour and fabric choice and that embroidery is just lovely. You're going to be the star of the ball in this!
EveS said... (5/6/08 1:02 AM) Reply
Very, very pretty! I just love a dress that gets their attention as you're walking away!
lilyofthevalley said... (5/5/08 2:36 PM) Reply
I'm amazed that your kids call it your 'peacock' gown b/c that was exactly my first instinct - and I mean that in only the most flattering of analogies! You are a virtual VISION in this elegant little masterpiece. Any real peacocks in the area will be hiding in shame for being outshone by you, Petra. Stunning, Lily
Beek said... (5/5/08 1:10 PM) Reply
Exquisite dress. The color and design are so flattering on you.
Luckylibbet said... (5/5/08 12:43 PM) Reply
Really, really gorgeous - you'll be the belle of the ball. The color choices are fantastic, and the bead embroidery turns this into something truly special. Excellent work!
meli88a said... (5/5/08 12:35 PM) Reply
I love the peacock, and the flounces in the back!
Erica B. said... (5/5/08 12:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the back!
carolynw said... (5/5/08 9:05 AM) Reply
If they don't give you a ton of compliments I would be mighty surprised - it is beautiful
cindyann said... (5/5/08 7:45 AM) Reply
That is really beautiful.
bananaoil said... (5/5/08 6:21 AM) Reply
This is so flattering on you and it looks as though it's comfortable, something I don't usually associate with formal wear. Have a nice time at the event.
bananaoil said... (5/5/08 6:21 AM) Reply
mylittleelephant said... (5/5/08 5:28 AM) Reply
This is breathtaking, love the ruffled gore and color combination, "the peacock dress"! that's exactly what I think of this ( I love peacock and its colors), gorgeous!
Annette1 said... (5/4/08 11:54 PM) Reply
This is REALLY, REALLY pretty. First of all, the style is so perfectly suited for your slim figure. The color combination is lovely, so pretty and not over the top. I was HOPING it was brown with the teal, and sure enough, it was! Your BEADING is just exquisite. You'll be the best-looking peacock at the ball, I can tell you that!
Peacock Chic said... (5/4/08 10:51 PM) Reply
you don't have to even tell us what others will say because we already know. "OMG that dress is gorgeous. Are you a celebrity!!!" Be prepared to sign some autographs :O)
Gelbean said... (5/4/08 10:06 PM) Reply
WOW! Fabulous dress.
cindy-lou said... (5/4/08 8:57 PM) Reply
Petra, it's beautiful!
MissCelie said... (5/4/08 8:41 PM) Reply
Lovely! I adore the fabric down the back.

by: EmeraldEri...