Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3385 (Pants)

Reviewed by:Immelu

About Immelustar
Member since: 5/6/06
Posted on:5/4/08 10:20 PM
Last Updated:5/4/08 10:20 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
lilyofthevalley said... (5/5/08 1:58 PM) Reply
I think your fitting instincts are really good, and they served you well in tweaking this pattern to result in pants that fit very nicely and hang beautifully. Also worth it to get a good fly front instruction plan. Wear these with pride; you look wonderful in them. Lovely, Lily
quiltsammon said... (5/5/08 12:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review! I have some cropped pants that I started last year and didn't finish because of the back. I'm going to try that L seam! Thanks!
Leslie in Austin said... (5/5/08 11:50 AM) Reply
I think these pants look *great* on you and from your photos I think they look better than your comparable Simplicity ones. What a difference changing the crotch curve made!!
Stitchcakes said... (5/5/08 10:44 AM) Reply
You had to adjust the pattern, but the pants are a success. They look great! I love how they sit at your waist and along your hip; they are perfect. I would definitely sew them again if I were you. In fact, I will get this pattern based on your review, even if I have to make the same adjustment (which I now understand, thanks to your photo). Athough, *ahem* I have a bit more filler in that back area myself....
KathleenS said... (5/5/08 5:31 AM) Reply
I've had similar experiences with KwikSew. Their instructions are always stellar, but sometimes the fit is weird and tends to be on the big side. In my experience if you're between sizes, or at the bottom of a size range, always go down (except maybe for a few gym wear patterns - but it's pretty obvious which ones they are - the ones with negative ease.)
julie w said... (5/5/08 1:07 AM) Reply
yoy did a great job with these pants.
CynthiaSue said... (5/4/08 11:49 PM) Reply
wow what a difference your improvements made. Great job. very good review of this pattern.
cathy45 said... (5/4/08 11:09 PM) Reply
The freehand adjustments worked. The pants are really cute on you.
cabinbaby said... (5/4/08 10:53 PM) Reply
I think these look great on you; front and back views!
greenandlilac said... (5/4/08 10:26 PM) Reply
These pants look very nice. I want this pattern.

J Stern Designs Womens Jeans Pattern