Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> Nigella Yoga Bag (Nigella Yoga Bag (Freebie))

Reviewed by:Yakityak

About Yakityakstar
Member since: 8/16/03

Posted on:5/6/08 1:06 AM
Last Updated:5/6/08 1:06 AM
tbad said... (4/4/11 3:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tips, I am about to start the bag. Only my third sewing project and will be second Amy Butler bag. The first bag (birdie sling) went well so I thought I would give this one a try. Not sure of the fabric I plan to use at this point though I plan to add the extra inch.
xclu said... (1/19/10 7:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! I am getting ready to make this and the information is very helpful. Also, thanks for the laugh... I have had a very stressful day and now I don't have to relax via yoga as your review made me laugh out loud... I needed that!
Yakityak said... (5/9/08 1:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for the kudos everyone. As for the necessity of the lining... I guess it's not necessary as long as the material you use is sturdy enough. That said, I hate exposed seams so I'd use the lining for that purpose alone. But probably the more compelling reason to do a lining is that it frees you up to use whatever fabric you want - because you can interface if using a lighter weight. Without a lining you would probably be stuck using upholstery weight/canvas because the weight of the mat would wear too heavily on the single layer of lighter material at the strap junctions.
lilyofthevalley said... (5/8/08 11:54 AM) Reply
Great yoga-in' bag and great comment by your DH. Altogether a wonderful review, full of important information. It's a stinker that it's an inch too short but that shouldn't hold you back one bit. Lovely, Lily
MichelleJ said... (5/7/08 9:27 AM) Reply
Great review - thanks. (and I loved your story, too.) Question - do you think the lining is essential?
Deepika said... (5/6/08 3:29 PM) Reply
While this is a great yoga mat, take a look at SewingSkater's Yoga Mat Bag if you want to address the issues you had with this pattern. I've made a bag for my MIL using her pattern and it was really easy and very practical.
wvsher said... (5/6/08 11:57 AM) Reply
lol Nice yoga bag! Thanks for the informative review!
SewFar said... (5/6/08 11:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for the useful review and 'lead' on a downloadable yoga bag pattern. Love your version and your anecdote!
Speech girl said... (5/6/08 8:26 AM) Reply