Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4856 (Fast & Easy Tunics)

Reviewed by:Mahler

About Mahlerstarstarstar
QC CANADA
Member since: 7/28/07
Posted on:5/6/08 11:11 PM
Last Updated:5/7/08 11:05 AM
FreyaStark said... (4/28/13 6:17 PM) Reply
A lovely top. Well done. The floral fabric is an unusual choice but the result is a triumph.
Laura Jean said... (5/20/09 0:21 AM) Reply
This is a really helpful review, thanks! I'm going to make this tunic this weekend so I'll be sure to use your tips!
Vintage Joan said... (3/10/09 5:58 PM) Reply
SO, SO beautiful!! :)
Christas said... (12/3/08 1:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I love it!
CurlyCrafter said... (7/13/08 1:33 PM) Reply
This is such a lovely top. Very elegant
lilyofthevalley said... (5/8/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Being a kid of an ex-beatnik, myself, I can appreciate the exact look you were working toward, and you have attained your goal absolutely beautifully! Your tunic, its fit and its details are just heavenly. Your design eye, as usual, is performing flawlessly. I can't wait to see your black linen w/geisha fabric version, too. Truly gorgeous, Lily
Heatherrique said... (5/7/08 6:43 PM) Reply
Such a delectable and delightful top! Great print and details! Very nice!
Sherril Miller said... (5/7/08 5:56 PM) Reply
Your rescued that fabric beautifully. I really like the fabric for your tunic. Nice choice and good work getting a less than stellar pattern working and the trim will be very nice when it plucks out.
papago said... (5/7/08 5:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful
Annette1 said... (5/7/08 4:54 PM) Reply
VERY PRETTY! It looks downright ethereal in that veil of a fabric. SO pretty and so nicely done!
LindsayT said... (5/7/08 4:51 PM) Reply
I like what you did with the band—much more RTW that way. BTW, I was just in Montreal and loved it. Great city. Go Habs!
Puppy said... (5/7/08 4:14 PM) Reply
Nice review. How fun to turn something you didn't care for, into something so pretty. I really like every detail of it. Tres bon travail!
mylittleelephant said... (5/7/08 3:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful recycling work, this flower pattern reminds me of my dress which belonged to my mother ( I love it so much so no plan for recycling it though ), this flower pattern looks very nostalgic but working very well with simple sharp line of tunic, lovely transformation.
Dei said... (5/7/08 1:41 PM) Reply
What a lovely transformation. Wispy fabric that is now truly urban chic. Your detailing was worth the effort and your revenge complete. Next time you'll be ready for a "fete champetre". Well written review and well done.
Em's Summer said... (5/7/08 12:49 PM) Reply
The trim on the tunic really pops! It's a wonderful design element that kicks this up a notch for sure! Great work!
Twinset said... (5/7/08 11:37 AM) Reply
Wow! Great idea to take a dress and transform it into a tunic, it's very 'earth-friendly'! Your tunic looks very well executed and you definitely have style and wit as a review writer, you are always fun to read!
SusiM said... (5/7/08 10:26 AM) Reply
haha-funny story!! I love your top. It looks beautiful, and there's just something special about it now I feel..a..a je ne sais quoi. Thanks for the fun review.
wvsher said... (5/7/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Very pretty tunic, and it's nice that you were able to convert a dress you had a grudge against into a tunic that you like. Thanks for the informative review!
carolynw said... (5/7/08 8:51 AM) Reply
If anyone coould make a truly beautiful top out of a not so good pattern and re-cycled but totally beautiful material it would be you - I just love your tunic and you make me feel I should go get this pattern - but am I a "Mahler" - hmmm??
Rhonda in Montreal said... (5/7/08 7:29 AM) Reply
Your reviews are always well-written, very helpful & FUN to read!! Bravo for the "transformation"!!
Lori V said... (5/7/08 7:08 AM) Reply
Wonderful job on the tunic, it is beautiful and the band adds so much.
CarolynGM said... (5/7/08 5:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful transformation using well thought out changes. It's always inspiring to see someone make a beautiful garment out of a seldom worn piece taking up space in the closet.