Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2899 (Plus Size Jacket Proj Runway)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Plus

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Deb0rah said... (7/15/08 8:32 PM) Reply
Glad to see a favorable rating of a pattern I just bought! I'm plus-sized and it's wonderful to see how stylish and current this jacket is. Very polished and professional look with your scarf and skirt. Thanks for the inspiration!
Olivia Sews said... (6/13/08 3:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this! A while back, I was looking for a raglan sleeve jacket in plus like this one with no luck. Yaay!!! A great pattern in plus sizing!!!
Rhoda K said... (5/25/08 11:00 AM) Reply
I love the jacket - looks great on you. As always, a very informative review. I also like your fabric choice - it looks almost silky in the photo.
MissCelie said... (5/25/08 10:37 AM) Reply
It's hard to believe this type of clothing is new for you! You look great!
Kellie R. said... (5/25/08 10:29 AM) Reply
THis is a great jacket Debbie. I love the sleeves and styling through the back. Thanks for the info and heads up about the lining.
Karla Kizer said... (5/25/08 8:11 AM) Reply
I KNEW I loved this design. Great jacket - a combination of classic and new. I think I'll pick up the pattern and see if I can reduce the neck/shoulder area enough to make it work.
CynthiaSue said... (5/25/08 1:53 AM) Reply
truly fashionable. looks great!!
Annette1 said... (5/25/08 0:18 AM) Reply
Man, this jacket looks even BETTER "on" than on the dressform. The fabric has such a nice drape to it, yet it's substantial at the same time. Of course, the perfect FIT doesn't hurt things any!
michellep74 said... (5/24/08 11:11 PM) Reply
It looks great on you! As always, the fit is perfect. I think this will be my next jacket.
moushka said... (5/9/08 11:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, Debbie. All the views are worth making. Yours looks wonderful, can't wait to see a picture of it on you. Thanks for a great review, especially the head's up about the lining pleat. How could Simplicity leave it out when it's so essential to wearing comfort? Sue
Heatherrique said... (5/9/08 9:21 PM) Reply
Sizzling jacket, Debbie! Another fun piece to add to your enviable and fabulous wardrobe!
lilyofthevalley said... (5/9/08 8:10 PM) Reply
Perfectly designed jacket, Debbie, both professional and stylish. Love your fabric choice, such a flattering color for you. Your review is a minefield of invaluable information and representative of your mindful, architectural approach to garment construction. Your superior result speaks for itself. Elegant, Lily
cindyann said... (5/9/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Another geat review. I've been looking forward to your reviews of your business attire, and this one doesn't disappoint. Love the lining.
JudyP said... (5/9/08 3:25 PM) Reply
Debbie, I can't believe that this is your first lined jacket! You are such a knowledgeable sewer, I always look to your reviews for advice. Do you not sew jackets very often? This jacket came out beautifully! I have been considering this pattern and now I must have it!
Irene Q said... (5/9/08 10:51 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first lined jacket! Wonderful job, and very helpful review, as always. I shy away from linings, too - the book and DVD sound like just what I need.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/9/08 10:22 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. We are all looking for something like this and you found it, fitted it and made it all yours.
DivaQ said... (5/9/08 9:16 AM) Reply
I had not seen this pattern but I really like it! You did a great job!
Roxxygrl said... (5/9/08 5:34 AM) Reply
I really need a jacket like that, it's beautiful and stylish. Thanks for the DVD and book mentions, I have them both on order because I really need help with constructing a jacket that fits nicely.
Annette1 said... (5/9/08 3:09 AM) Reply
What a great review, Debbie, chock full of useful tips and info. How did you know I wouldn't notice the small print in the instructions (or even the insructions, period)? :o) Your jacket is so CLASSY in that beautiful taupe color (one of my favorites), and I REALLY like it with that skirt!
JMarie1962 said... (5/9/08 0:55 AM) Reply
Really nice looking jacket. You did a beautiful job and have written a great review too! Hopefully, Simplicity will release this in the smaller sizes soon - it's a winner!
Sew4Fun said... (5/8/08 10:48 PM) Reply
Fantastic jacket and as I keep saying, not fair that it doesn't come in smaller sizes! Yours is lovely and I want one for myself.
OP Gal said... (5/8/08 10:32 PM) Reply
Great review, Debbie. The jacket is a winner and the color is great. I'm glad to see that you honored the full disclosure rule and confessed to the misplaced seam.
Sherril Miller said... (5/8/08 9:05 PM) Reply
Great jacket. The pattern gives lots of places to alter and that makes it nice since I have to alter in lots of places. Thanks for getting it done so fast. It's on my list for fall. Full disclosure, LOL.
michellep74 said... (5/8/08 5:43 PM) Reply
Thanks a ton for a timely review! I just picked this pattern up at lunch at JoAnn's. (I figure the 18 will be a bit wide in the upper back/shoulders, but hey, I can wear it over a sweater then, right?) I love how your version of this came out!
gatorgirl4325 said... (5/8/08 4:22 PM) Reply
Simplicity is on sale TODAY at JoAnn - I bought this pattern on my lunch break. Your jacket turned out so very nice and the sleeve detail is great.
Athene said... (5/8/08 3:47 PM) Reply
This is really very nice - I'm envious because it doesn't come in my size. Thank you for the informative review. I too dislike how Simplicity indicates fabric requirements for Project Runway patterns.

by: ChicagoCal...