Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5478 (Portrait Collar Jacket)

Reviewed by:Peacock Chic

About Peacock Chicstar
Member since: 11/8/06
Posted on:5/8/08 8:23 PM
Last Updated:5/8/08 9:52 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
nglalala said... (11/20/08 6:04 PM) Reply
This is a really cool jacket~! I'm thinking about making this and I just love your version!
sew4fun2 said... (6/9/08 8:01 PM) Reply
I admire people who work with plaid and stripes (I have not mastered them yet). A job well done!
yummymummy38 said... (5/12/08 10:32 AM) Reply
gorgeous, great workmanship and I'm in awe of the matching bias plaid. Bravo!
blue mooney said... (5/10/08 7:44 AM) Reply
So stylish. Beautiful work!
lilyofthevalley said... (5/9/08 8:58 PM) Reply
Well, your jacket and tailoring techniques are nothing short of breathtaking! Your plaid placement is superb and those buttons! Talk about enhancement. I looked at your blog and you look gorgeous. I hope you're as pleased with your accomplishment as we are thrilled with your little masterpiece! Lovely, Lily
Dei said... (5/9/08 8:40 PM) Reply
Saw your blog and you look absolutely fabulous! All that hardwork and time was worth every single ounce of it. No pain, no gain and think of how much sewing knowledge you gained in one garment. Just working with that fabric and matching plaids was a feat in itself. But it's the awesome fit that separates the women from the girls. You are a big girl now!
EnglishDaffodil said... (5/9/08 8:36 PM) Reply
Oh, this is gorgeous! I bet it is super flattering to wear, too. It's reviews and photos like these that keep me motivated--thanks so much for sharing!
redcatbicycliste said... (5/9/08 7:06 PM) Reply
You sewed a beautiful jacket!!!! I checked out your blog to see more photos of it, and all I can say is "Wow!" Your workmanship is excellent. Also, the jacket looks good on you.
Barbara V said... (5/9/08 6:10 PM) Reply
What a fantastic job...you did so much with the plaid and did it so well. The fit is wonderful and you look great in it!
PhyllisC said... (5/9/08 4:51 PM) Reply
This is just BEAUTIFUL and it looks FAB-u-LOUS on you! ANd your teacher is a gem, you're really learning good technique.
LindsayT said... (5/9/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Yay for you! Nice work, lovely jacket.
Lady_Mame said... (5/9/08 2:18 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Ann Smith said... (5/9/08 12:41 PM) Reply
What a great success. Your tailoring teacher must be very proud of you.
Stitchcakes said... (5/9/08 12:16 PM) Reply
The back is un.believ.able! You stir up my Scottish blood.
sew2little said... (5/9/08 11:34 AM) Reply
This is so couture-looking. Just beautiful!
crisford said... (5/9/08 11:18 AM) Reply
This looks so incredible! Congratulations--it is a work of art. You should wear it all the time!
solosmocker said... (5/9/08 10:01 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Your tailoring looks wonderful. Isn't it fun to put in all that handwork? You can be very proud of this one.
cathy45 said... (5/9/08 9:35 AM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning!!! ps--loved your labels--just ordered some, too.
sewgreat said... (5/9/08 8:09 AM) Reply
Oh my God, this jacket is fabulous! The way you worked that plaid is fierce, and you look great in it too.
mylittleelephant said... (5/9/08 7:34 AM) Reply
This is amazing, I love everything about this jacket, fabric pattern placement, big collar and the way it falls on your shoulder, and especially the back details.......certainly worth the effort you went through with plaid. I would love to take a tailoring lesson myself too, cause we can wear anything but jacket/coat have to be properly done in my opinion, just like your jacket, lovely!
Olivia Sews said... (5/9/08 4:58 AM) Reply
Perfect buttons for that fabric! Luv it!! Perfect match on the plaid!
vespabelle said... (5/9/08 3:59 AM) Reply
So gorgeous!
Lori V said... (5/9/08 3:07 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful jacket, the back is stunning and your matching plaid amazing. Great job.
Erica B. said... (5/9/08 1:34 AM) Reply
That jacket is so fabulous! You are now ready to teach a class on laying and cutting plaid!
Sweetiebop said... (5/9/08 1:17 AM) Reply
I have look at that pattern and look at the pattern and decided against it. But your creation makes me want to buy it after all. Terrific Job.
goldesdottar said... (5/9/08 0:57 AM) Reply
This is a knock-out.
Sew4Fun said... (5/8/08 11:10 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! The matching plaid (which I know is NOT easy) is exceptional, as is your tailoring. Beautiful jacket and great job all round. The six months of work really shows!
cabinbaby said... (5/8/08 11:07 PM) Reply
I'm excited we finally get to see it. I looove all the different grainlines! It's perfect.
sewbehind said... (5/8/08 10:58 PM) Reply
Very nice workmanship. Well done. Looks great on you.
mendospot said... (5/8/08 10:30 PM) Reply
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! SOOOOOO PRETTY.
AnneMarie60 said... (5/8/08 10:19 PM) Reply
Wow! Excellent work, and you look so chic wearing it. I love the buttons and those chevrons on the back--you look great going--and coming!
Peacock Chic said... (5/8/08 9:51 PM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments!! Actually Caity I agree with you. I am pretty cold blooded so despite this jacket being made of wool, to me is a late spring or early fall jacket. I would where just a cami underneath and let the jacket do the rest. Also I have worn a lace shirt over the cami and it looks pretty good too.
Caitycat said... (5/8/08 9:28 PM) Reply
Awesome choice of fabric and beautiful job! I keep looking at these and thinking "but my neck would FREEZE..." what do you wear under it?
Gold said... (5/8/08 8:47 PM) Reply
What a wonderful job!!Very nice !!
VtMartha said... (5/8/08 8:46 PM) Reply
I've been following this on your blog. It's the most incredible creation!
Gelbean said... (5/8/08 8:42 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful.

Other Bonnie Blue: Ayla Rose