Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6815 (Santa Suit)

Reviewed by:tateelliott

Last Updated:8/27/09 9:02 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Katharine in BXL said... (9/1/09 3:45 PM) Reply
Bringing peals of joy and delight! Thanks for sharing! What a great picture of you as jolly St Nick.
sewbehind said... (8/28/09 6:26 PM) Reply
Santa, I want a new Bernina, a new iron, and if I'm very good a new puppy.. Oh, you are one fantastic Santa. You did a wonderful job on your suit. Well done. Thanks for the giggle too. Made my day.
layla said... (8/28/09 1:23 PM) Reply
You are so talented ... Love It !!
Karla Kizer said... (8/28/09 7:02 AM) Reply
Excellent job. And you say no elves were harmed in the making of this costume?
Laurasews said... (8/27/09 9:43 PM) Reply
The perfect Santa! Very well done.
JMarie1962 said... (5/16/08 0:45 AM) Reply
Awesome Santa Suit and great review. Especially loved your remarks about the pillow pocket :o This is such a FUN project! Thanks for sharing
Kellie R. said... (5/15/08 5:12 PM) Reply
Wow! That's just fantastic!!!! While the North Pole can be quite chilly, your cotton velvet fabric choice is perfect for the mild NC temps. When can I submit my wish list? I've not been naughty (OK, a little bit, but my brother started it. :p) Great job!
Mary Stiefer said... (5/15/08 12:35 PM) Reply
Wow - I just love this and you make the perfect Santa IMHO. Great looking Santa Suit.
PegL said... (5/15/08 11:46 AM) Reply
I believe in you Santa! Great job on the suit!
Lisa Laree said... (5/14/08 11:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful suit!
Annika said... (5/14/08 7:47 PM) Reply
Fantastic job! Dontcha hate working with white fake fur? It gets all over the place!
Winifred said... (5/14/08 7:09 PM) Reply
Fantastic outfit ! Had a good laugh about the pouch!!
AnneMarie60 said... (5/14/08 6:00 PM) Reply
And all of this time I thought Mrs. Claus made her husband's outfits! You did a great job. You are a most handsome Santa!
newlywedws said... (5/14/08 5:35 PM) Reply
Not right...it's only May, and now I have visions of sugarplums dancing in my head - actually you look like what a Father Christmas should look like...so jolly and cheeful!
Mahogany Stylist said... (5/14/08 5:19 PM) Reply
Oh My Goodness! It's Santa. Very nice costume.
Gold said... (5/14/08 4:03 PM) Reply
That is an fantastic costume!You did a great job!!
Olivia Sews said... (5/14/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Great job!! Nice looking suit!
Luckylibbet said... (5/14/08 12:32 PM) Reply
Great job! Have you ever sewn for Princess the Bunny? or would she object? It's great that you have the real beard and all!
EveS said... (5/14/08 12:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for the bigger photo. GREAT suit! Sewing fur AND velvet...you are a brave Santa! I just can't imagine the fuzz and lint that suit created. (*shudder*)
tateelliott said... (5/14/08 12:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the comments. I wrote the review before I was ready to link to a photo. Now you can see a larger picture.
EveS said... (5/14/08 9:25 AM) Reply
OMG, you have totally made my day with that thumbnail (and your profile pic, too)!!! What a great suit! I, too, would love to see a bigger photo (and pics of your other costumes). Glad to have a direct "in" w/ Santa...you'll be receiving my list shortly (gotta beat the holiday rush, you know). ;)
LizzieAnn said... (5/14/08 8:14 AM) Reply
AWESOME!!
squirrellypoo said... (5/14/08 6:39 AM) Reply
You look great! I made this suit for my Dad (also real beard and belly!) two Christmases ago and left off that pouch. You'll be the hit of every event in that suit!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (5/14/08 1:41 AM) Reply
The first Santa sighting of the year! Great job on the costume and good planning too. If it were me, I'd be whizzing this up on 24th December!
goldesdottar said... (5/14/08 0:47 AM) Reply
So do you make the magician's jacket with the cool hidden pockets? I too would love to see a larger picture of your suit. With the real boots & beard, you really sound like the Santa Deluxe :-}
Gelbean said... (5/14/08 0:38 AM) Reply
You definitely look like the real deal. Great job on the costume.
ColorMeHome said... (5/14/08 0:06 AM) Reply
Ho, Ho, Ho Santa! Great job! If you get a chance, I would love to see a larger photo.

Kitschy Coo Lady Skater Dress